Greetings, Shipwrights!

I'm reluctantly posting this list for sale. I got into ship modeling about 20 years ago. With stars in my eyes I bought a bunch of kits, custom wood packages, practicums, and tools; I fantasized about the stunning ships I would build. Now, my wife and I are considering downsizing into a smaller place and I've come face-to-face with the hobby that I started with gusto but have neglected in recent years. All kits are untouched. 

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for taking a look at my stuff!

Glen Cherry

Boston, USA

Edited by gagliano1770
Price drop

And I thought that I went overboard when I started this hobby! I have 4 recently purchased model kits still in my queue to do, but I've finished 5 so far and working on my 6th. Hope you at least had the opportunity to start and finish a couple.  None of these kits are for beginners. As the saying goes, "looks like your eyes were bigger than your stomach".  If I had the time left in life and wasn't so deep into things myself already....

Current build: Armed Virginia Sloop

Previous Builds: , Amati Fifie, Glad Tidings,Bluenose II, Chesapeake Bay Skipjack, Fair American, Danmark, Constitution Cross Section, Bluenose 

Hi Glen, what is the finished size of the Kingfisher and is it cherry wood?
Thanks,

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

42 minutes ago, Dsmith20639 said:

And I thought that I went overboard when I started this hobby! I have 4 recently purchased model kits still in my queue to do, but I've finished 5 so far and working on my 6th. Hope you at least had the opportunity to start and finish a couple.  None of these kits are for beginners. As the saying goes, "looks like your eyes were bigger than your stomach".  If I had the time left in life and wasn't so deep into things myself already....

Good for you! I did a lot of work on the Bluenose. Got to the rigging and haven't made much progress.

Glen,

I’d be interested in the Byrnes sander at $160 plus shipping.  I don’t have a Paypal account or any thing like that.  I propose to send you a check and you send me the sander when you cash it.  

Send me a PM with details.

BTW, I believe that one of the miter gages goes with the sander.

Roger

Edited by Roger Pellett

Dave, if you hover over the users icon, you have the option to send a message..

image.png.33d9df70475d58f93414569142e741a7.png

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Thanks Glen, just checked out the log, great build...but beyond my available space and skill.

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

Hello, everyone,

Thanks for your patience with me and please forgive me if I'm slow to respond. It's tricky to manage all the DMs. 

The sander is spoken for. That's a popular item.

I've had interest in the saw, the Fair American, the Rattlesnake supplemental wood package and the Constitution wood package.

Thanks,

Glen

• 2 weeks later...