LE BONHOMME RICHARD by Jeronimo - Finished

I can't answer the "why", but it's very common in the French ships.  Stylistic choice perhaps? 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I was thinking the same thing, the stairs would be much easier to negotiate if they were linear.

Perhaps it's to make them feel less steep?  They are steep anyways but I imagine if the went straight down they would be all the more.  

Perhaps it's to make them feel less steep?  They are steep anyways but I imagine if the went straight down they would be all the more.  

Yes, if they went straight down but I was thinking linear in line with the existing top and bottom fixing points like a normal staircase.

Thanks mtaylor, I was thinking that must be the reason, the French do like their style.

Beautiful! It all looks obvious and straightforward when you view the headwork of a completed model. Your photos show just how exceptionally complex those pieces in the head really are. Great craftsmanship.

Mark

Absolutely stunning,I would hope one day to be a tenth that good,Keep the updates coming.This is like the addictive novel you hate to put down...

Martin G.

you're right Martin G.
Thanks to this work is so perfect, we (the trainees) improve every day a little more.
fantastic work
Edited by cabrapente

The way that you have made the curved surfaces fit together so nicely, wow what craftsman ship. Your work is outstanding.

Always look forward to seeing your next posting.

Later 42rocker

Current Build -- Finishing a 1:1 House that I've been building for a while

Current Build -- Triton Cross Section

really enjoyed looking at your work......... it is just outstanding  !!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Karl,

your model is really a reference for me and perhaps for other model builders. The accuracy in every detail of your model is absolut extraordinary. I like sitting in front of my monitor and watch the deatils.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful!

Maury