Hello from Mocksville, North Carolina

So glad to find you all.  Never built a wooden ship. Had built wooden remote control glider airplane. Was using http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/ to help me along with my first ship build.  After the site went down a few days ago, had no idea what would be the next step.  Was living on the Oregon coast in a small town Pacific City 'Home of the Dory Fleet'.  Dory's started launching into the surf back in 1900, double-ender row boat launched by Mules. By the 70's the Beach could have over 300 boat's launching a day. Enough about Dory's, you can search the web for more info or ask me.

I inherited a Charles W Morgan 1/64 back in 2012. He purchased it in in 2006. Stored in a shed, and very moldy. Hull was built and bow area had been started with planking. Every piece of wood new/used had mold. Soaked the ship and wood in bleach. He used a water based glue and ship came apart. Glad it did so I could start the build over. Got hull planked/copper tape, deck planked and most of the buildings. In 2015 converted a School Bus into a Motor Home and started traveling. To store the CWM had to cut off the bow to fit under the bathroom sink. Traveled 7 months, over 5000 miles and Wife liked North Carolina so here we are. Glued the bow back on and model sat on a shelf colleting dust and cobwebs. Until a couple months ago.  Finished with the lower Ratlines and went to charleswmorganmodel page to see what was next. Only to find it's gone and I was totally lost on what to do next.

Been looking and reading on your all's build. Found great info and seen some amazing work. Things I've done wrong or could have done different. Will need to get a camera from my Son to start posting photo's.

Until later,  Scottie

:piratebo5:

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Scottie,

Welcome to Model Ship World - we've made email contact so I'll be in touch again soon. This is the right "spot on the dial" for wooden sailing ship models and I'm sure you'll find lots of commentary - all you have to do is ask!!

Hank

Construction Underway:

Entering Builder's Yard - USS STODDARD (DD-566) 1967-68 Configuration (Revell 1:144 FLETCHER - bashed)

In Development - T2 or T3 Fleet Oil Tanker (1:144 Scratch Build Model) - 1950s era

Currently - 3D Design/Printed 1/48 scale various U.S.N. Gun Mounts/Turrets and GFCS Directors (Mk. 34, 37, 38, 54)

Completed:
Armed Virginia Sloop (1768)
Royal Caroline (1748)
Sloop/Ship PEACOCK (1813) (Scratchbuilt)

USS NEW JERSEY (BB-62) 1967-69 Configuration (Trumpeter 1:200 bashed MISSOURI)

Member:
NRG
NCMM Beaufort -CSMA

Hi Scottie and welcome to Model Ship World.  As Hank said in the above post, you have come to the right forum to enhance your wooden ship model skills.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat