Mary Rose

I have been converting a picture of the guns recovered from the Mary Rose to printable files using Fusion 360. The scale is about 1:20. The second picture is the result after several rebuilds and restarts. I am pretty happy with the final result. If any members would like to make use of any of these cannons for a model then let me know. Otherwise if anyone has a particular cannon they would like modelled i am open to suggestions. All i need is some drawings. The scale can be adjusted to any size. The only limitation is the 3d printer build plate size. Only stipulation is that they are not to be sold. My present project is the culverin at the Basel museum with a dragon head on the barrel.

6C63863C-0A87-4550-9148-DCD32B6A6DBB.jpeg

10646ACB-8B79-4D8B-90F7-117145B15E18.jpeg

Edited by henrythestaffy

I've been fortunate enough to have received 3D printed anchors and deadeyes (TINY!!!) from HenrytheStaffy. Brilliant quality.

Steven

Wonderful looking cannons! And those engravings!.....

I'm currently working on the Heller Preussen so I have no need of cannons just now, or indeed for a year or two, but I have in my stash the Heller Soleil Royale in which the cannon barrels are nicely detailed but rather too small in diameter. You might be able to sell quite a few of an improved version to builders of this, I won't say popular, but well known kit.

Regards,

Ian

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2021 at 12:54 AM, henrythestaffy said:

If any members would like to make use of any of these cannons for a model then let me know.

If you log in to this forum again.
I am interested in the Mary Rose cannons 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 month later...