Free hull form creation training workshop

Just a note for everyone east past the international dateline... 

screenshot_02.png.95994b6bd8ba1dc354f7ec2b89ddd291.png

Those in the US need to take note of the date... the 23rd is a day too late...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Hi Richard, have to be honest:  you planning this online workshop is what really triggered my joining MSW.

I was browsing this amazing forum as a visitor, when I stumbled upon your post. I am a complete newbie (not in age though), but would be honored to attend your workshop.

Have never build a ship model so far (my experience is restricted to a few balsawood rc model airplanes) and have minimal experience with 3D CAD software. But, I was always interested about trying conceptual design on a computer, and then transfer it from screen to wood.

Unless this is actually for advanced members, I would like to attend.

You might as well use me as a benchmark for your presentation :D, in the likes of ''For Dummies'' series of books!. 

Regards, Peter

Can you provide the link to Rino. I see many links some cost $$ and some are free. I have the plans for the America from the Smithsonian Museum. It is my hope to build this using the CNC. I have loaded these plans into Fusion360 (the only CAD/CAM S/F I know.) I am very interested in help lofting from 2D plans to a Solid and then output to Gcode.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

14 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

Guys someone has tried to log into the workshop 3-4 days out and as a result we have been bombarded with emails
Please don't log into in yet.

Well I was one of them... Sorry...

Just wanted to confirm the date and yes I had forgot about the international date line... I already have zoom loaded so I just clicked the direct link and it confirmed the date which I posted here immediately...

Didn't mean to set off a firestorm...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Me too I'm afraid, at least probably. Wrongly thought it would spawn something into my calendar, apologies!

Current builds:

1) HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller)

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23247-hms-victory-by-kevin-the-lubber-heller-1100-plastic-with-3d-printed-additions/

2) Bluenose II 1:100 (Billing) - paused, not in the mood

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30694-billing-bluenose-ii-1100-no600-by-kevin-the-lubber/

3) Cutty Sark 1:96 Revell

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30964-cutty-sark-by-kevin-the-lubber-revell-196

Stash:

Revell Cutty Sark 1/96 (a spare for later)

Revell Beagle 1/96 (unlikely to ever get built!)

Revell Kearsage 1/96 (can't wait to get started on this)

Revell Constitution 1/96

If at first you don't succeed, buy some more tools.

Thanks for the link. The install recommends a "getting started" video, but there is a charge. So I will wait for you. I suspect this will require more than 1 session.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

I all set for tomorrow the 23 /12 /2021  at 6:00 AM  Brisbane time .

I have Zoom and Rhino 7 in stalled now

Looking forward in get to work with Richard's training workshop.

I will be nice to see what you can to do with Rhino 7.

I have to say a big thank you to Richard for doing this training workshop for us guy's that are just starting in CAD

Greg

Thanks guys, its going to be hard work doing it so early but we will get there, I am not expecting anyone to follow along, that's why its being recorded.
I will have to move at a good pace but will explain things as I go, just like the way we taught at Uni.
But you will understand the logic of the process and how to apply it to different forms.
I will stop every hour for 10 mins for coffee breaks to. just preparing the latest lines from Lloyds now for the example as they are seriously deformed

Bon appetit

Leo Moons

Nous sommes condamnés à être libre

Present build: Cutty Sark by Sergal/Mantua 1:78

Previous builds:

- Collie by Graupner RC Sailing boat

- Blue Nose II by Billing Boats

- Harvey by Artesania Latina

- Oceanic by Revell RC Tugboat

- Thyssen II by Graupner RC Pushing boat

That was excellent I enjoyed it thoroughly, unfortunately I didn't get it recorded...

Thank you Richard for a wonderful presentation...

Quote:

Hi Richard Thanks from me as well - best 5 hrs I've spent acquiring CAD skills specific to our hobby . Gave me good insight into where I've been going wrong and the advantages Rhino offers in hull construction simplicity once you know the rules. Much appreciate you giving up some of your family time so close to Xmas. Best wishes to you and yours, Cheers Pete

Big THANK YOU from me too Richard. A really valuable session and learned heaps. Sorry I had to duck out just before you finished - I had another commitment to attend. Best wishes to you and your family for the festive season.

Completely missed this Richard! Unlucky! 

Also looking forward to the recording being released. 

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!

Hi All,

Here is the link to the Webinar I held on the 23rd December. This is for all of you who are after a copy and attended or anyone who was not able to attend.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq8liinoh9e4gqf/Hull Form Basics in Rhino.mp4?dl=0

Regards

Richard

Thank you very much Richard .

I download the file  and it all work fine. I did have to download VLC media player to get the sound as the windows 10 media player would not play the sound recording .

That maybe just me  .The  recording is a big help to me on doing the Pevensey hull .

Greg

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for doing this. I just followed your link and it appears that you've put an edited version up in Dropbox that runs for about one hour. However, when I downloaded it from drop box, it seems to download the full 4hr 40min version. Any idea why this is so? (I'm not all that familiar with using Dropbox, so it could well be "operator error").

Also just discovered that with the long version that downloads, there is no sound at all.......

Edited by gjdale

1 hour ago, gjdale said:

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for doing this. I just followed your link and it appears that you've put an edited version up in Dropbox that runs for about one hour. However, when I downloaded it from drop box, it seems to download the full 4hr 40min version. Any idea why this is so? (I'm not all that familiar with using Dropbox, so it could well be "operator error").

Also just discovered that with the long version that downloads, there is no sound at all.......

Look at my post .I had to download the free VLC media player to get the sound to work .

6 hours ago, Richard Dunn said:

Hi All,

Here is the link to the Webinar I held on the 23rd December. This is for all of you who are after a copy and attended or anyone who was not able to attend.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq8liinoh9e4gqf/Hull Form Basics in Rhino.mp4?dl=0

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard -Thanks for all your time putting the workshop together and the Time spent editing - Happy New Year to you and Yours. Cheers Pete