Laughing Whale/Midwest Kits

grsjax

I asked this question before but didn't get anything pointing me to more information.  Still want to know, is there a list or archive of all the models produced by Laughing Whale and Midwest over the years.  I remember catalogs from years ago that had a lot of models from these manufactures that no longer are available and no information about them anywhere.  Sometimes I will run across an old ad or an ebay auction for one that I have never seen before.  I know Bluejacket took over Laughing Whale but they only offer a small number of the old kits.

Edited by grsjax

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

Came across some kits from Midwest that are not on the database.  A level 3 kit of a San Francisco Bay Scow Schooner (1/4" = 1"), a level 4 kit of the 1934 America's Cup challenger Endeavour I (1:35 scale), 50' Harbor Tug (1/2" = 1'), Eastern Rigged Trawler (7/16" = 1'), Downeast Shrimp Dragger (3/4 = 1") and a 29' Bass Boat (3/4" = 1').  Found these in back issues of Ships in Scale.  I believe a couple may be Laughing Whale designs.

If anyone has back issues of model magazines or old catalogs I would be interesting in hearing about any other kits that may be in them.

Edited by grsjax

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.