Most difficult kit.

mikegr

I think the term "difficult" is very subjective.   It depends on many factors such as "how much experience do you have?", "how much detail in the kit?".  And then there's this one:  "How much scratch building of parts?" By that, some kits gave you a sheet of wood and a plan and basically you had to cut out and shape the part.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I think she made the kit more difficult than need be by adding all those sculpted filler blocks  essentially turning it into a carved solid hull kit. 

I'd argue that "most difficult" has a lot to do with the design of the kit and the quality of the instructions, not just the kit's complexity. I'd bet that that Model Shipways kit would be easier to build than, say, a big Corel kit with terrible instructions and poor materials. And the kit she's building doesn't even have rigging! It might be fair to say it's her most difficult build, but I can't see how it's the most difficult build.

Also, she appears to have an ongoing build log for this right here on MSW, started in April and just updated an hour ago. She's clearly an experienced and skilled modeler based on other builds, the titling for this just seems a little dramatic.

Edited by Cathead

I interpret this as she has finished quite a few models and this would be the most difficult that she has built thus far.  

9 minutes ago, Duanelaker said:

I interpret this as she has finished quite a few models and this would be the most difficult that she has built thus far.  

Probably true. She is a pretty skilled modeler though.

Jeff

In progress:
Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company -1/2" scale

USS Constitution - Model Shipways - Scale 1:76

HMS Granado - CAF Model - 1:48

HMS Sphinx - Vanguard