Dominoff Serving machine

It looks like one can no longer buy a serving machine from Dominoff. Does anyone know where to get one?

Otherwise I'd like a recommendation on the best and most versatile machine available.

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

I'm looking for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5gZQRN6yoU&t=442s

That doesn't look at all as sturdy.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

2 minutes ago, Jim Rogers said:

I have both the Dominoff serving machine and the Syren Serving Machine, like the Syren much better.

Does it strope blocks? I love the electric motor.

In Dry Dock:

Controlling the speed on the motor is problematic. Seems like two speeds, all ahead s l o w or Mach 1. Yes you can strope blocks but you need to make adapters. Not really designed for that but it can be done. Maybe Chuck has some suggestions.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

2 minutes ago, Jim Rogers said:

Controlling the speed on the motor is problematic. Seems like two speeds, all ahead s l o w or Mach 1. Yes you can strope blocks but you need to make adapters. Not really designed for that but it can be done. Maybe Chuck has some suggestions.

Never had a problem with speed. I just crank it up and let it rip. For stroping I go manual. I have "most" of the machine, but I haven/t built a model in several years. I'm moving my shop from the garage to an empty bedroom in the house and can't find the power supply or the hooks and can only fing 1 alligator clip. Also I'm very familiar with it.

I did just buy the one gidale suggested, but I'd sure love to have my old one. Even searched ebay. All it knows is Domino's:(

In Dry Dock:

Contact Dominoff via his website and see if he can help with the parts.  He's also a member here.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

31 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Contact Dominoff via his website and see if he can help with the parts.  He's also a member here.

Is this his website? https://www.shipworkshop.com/

Otherwise what is it?

Anyone know how to search for members? I used the search dialogue box above but all I get are messages ABOUT him and his products. I can't find one I can reply to.

In Dry Dock:

You are spelling his name incorrectly. Here is a link to a post he made just last Sunday, advising of an update to his online shop. I suggest you PM him with any specific questions about spare parts you are after. He is very good to deal with and will go out of his way to help.

Yeah, took me a while but I found him. I didn't realize how long I had his machine. I had version 2.5 and now he's at sm4-f. The older I get the faster time goes! In fact last year, I had a brand new granddaughter. Last month she bought her first house! When she turned 20 I don't know.

In Dry Dock:

I noted that Aleksei Domanov recently moved from Belarus to Poland. I don't know what his reasons for moving to Poland were, but it would appear to be a plus for modelers in Europe and the Americas.  From our perspective, Poland is definitely the more favorable environment for an international mail-order business  because Poland is part of the European Union and Belarus is not. 

Edited by Bob Cleek

On 1/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Bob Cleek said:

I noted that Aleksei Domanov recently moved from Belarus to Poland. I don't know what his reasons for moving to Poland were, but it would appear to be a plus for modelers in Europe and the Americas.  From our perspective, Poland is definitely the more favorable environment for an international mail-order business  because Poland is part of the European Union and Belarus is not. 

That's why I thought I was looking at the wrong one. I bought his latest and he is sending the missing parts to my old one for free.

So, what's the rope walker used for that the server can't do?

In Dry Dock:

23 minutes ago, Clueless said:

So, what's the rope walker used for that the server can't do?

The Rope Walk makes rope..  I don't think the server can do that, unless he has some kind of combo machine I am unaware of..

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, Michel L. said:

Surely related to political instability.

Sounds like you got out of there just in time, too.

In Dry Dock: