Gasp! Used Vol. 1 of Frigate Naiad book on Amazon for $1,500 ?

With Seawatch closed and no new ownership solidified it is a bit crazy with many of the books they offered for sale.     IF there are any copies left in their inventory you can get pricing by going on their website )https://www.seawatchbooks.com) which gives an email address to contact for more information on their stock of books.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Found this book, for $200 for both volumes via bookfinder.com.  Seller was Able Books a common vendor on bookfinder.

And yes they are the ones published by Seawatch. Find bookfinder.com very useful isn sourcing books as they list all sellers with prices

even those in Europe. Also will give listing of libraries, and marine museums,  that have a copy. Hope that helps.

Bridgman Bob

Would be a shame if those books are no longer published.  I've been using the TFFM extensively on my Pegasus build, and have a few others on the shelf.  Just glad I decided to buy the Sussex book a couple of months ago before things closed down. 

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

• 1 month later...

HI everyone

I was just clearing out my cupboard and found that I have both volumes of the Naiad Frigate books in mint condition.  

I have placed a post in the trading forum if anyone is interested in offering to purchase them.

Thanks

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

In case you missed the news, SeaWatchBooks is open again under new ownership. You don't have to pay inflated prices for their books any more!

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv