Building a Dapper Tom and I am asking if the color for the Tops on the Main, Fore and Bowsprit are the same as the color band/stripe on the hull where the gun ports are? I currently have a black hull with a yellow tinted band at the gunports and was wondering if white on the tops etc. would be appropriate. Cheers!

I assume your mast platforms are black? If so white would be in order Chief.

Jim (Stg1sw (ret) )

Current Build: Fair American - Model Shipways

Awaiting Parts - Rattlesnake

On the Shelf - English Pinnace

18Th Century Longboat

I stand firmly against piracy!

Dapper Tom has a crosstree and mast platform on the main mast, I assume that you have painted that black, along with the various spars. If so , I would use white for some contrast on the mast tops and bow sprit.

Jim

Current Build: Fair American - Model Shipways

Awaiting Parts - Rattlesnake

On the Shelf - English Pinnace

18Th Century Longboat

I stand firmly against piracy!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably can’t go wrong with basic black. 
Images of Pride of Baltimore I and II seem to show black. I don’t think there is any standard. I think whatever turns you on. And even tho they say to never, ever use glossy finish ( flats only), sometimes I kinda like a bit of sheen on my spars. 
I’ve done black, white, green and gray with clear or natural on the unpainted portion. 
D95ADB47-F2AC-4A18-ABD5-C3B39B6C7670.thumb.jpeg.2ce00c1e769682f470c54c84d18dd5b7.jpeg

EC970F43-5F35-4D7B-8857-4A793E1014CB.thumb.jpeg.5f3ebee636648a2fd3a33bbf27381b89.jpeg

DFDE936D-B4CA-4B09-88A0-1008DDD02215.thumb.jpeg.8f63a82fad4adfb8c193db3ee58b18f9.jpeg

Steve

"If they suspect me of intelligence, I am sure it will soon blow over, ha, ha, ha!"

-- Jack Aubrey

Builds:

Yankee Hero, Fannie Gorham, We’re Here, Dapper Tom (x3), New Bedford Whaler, US Brig Lawrence (Niagara), Wyoming (half hull), Fra Berlanga (half hull), Gokstad Viking Ship, Kate Cory, Charles Morgan, Gjoa