LED Lighting Set
Artesania Latina

Catalogue # 27590
Available from Artesania Latina for €20.65

DSC_0188.jpg

If you have a hankering for fitting out your model with LEDs, then this set contains just what you need. AL's site states this:

The set includes 10 candle-effect LED, 4 continuous lighting LED, a battery holder for two AAA batteries and another for a button cell, a switch, 8 meters of red and black wire, half a meter of heat-shrinkable sleeve and one meter of tin. Can be used in other DIY and craft projects too!

All LED lights are yellow, 3 mm long and operate at 3 volts. Feel free to light up your models or other projects with this fantastic LED special effects set!

The LEDs are quite small, but not the so-called 'grain of rice' ones commonly seen.

DSC_0189.jpg

You also get a very generous amount of wire on both black and red, and more solder than you will ever need to wire up a large model.

DSC_0193.jpg

Two power sources are included. One of these is a regular battery pack, seen here with a separate switch and a nice quantity of heat shrink sleeve.

DSC_0191.jpg

A coin battery pack is seen here with a built-in switch. This is actually shown for use in their HMS Endeavour kit, hidden in the stand to illuminate the hollow name box area.

DSC_0190.jpg

A nice touch. New AL kits also contain holes for the wires to run, and installation is shown in the manuals. A generous amount of solder is also included. This is tin solder due to the problems that now exist with regulations in obtaining lead solder (which I preferred). 

DSC_0192.jpg

Strangely enough, no instructions are supplied with this, so I'm unsure whether the LEDs need a ballast resistor fitting to them. 

My thanks to Artesania Latina for the sample shown here. To purchase directly, click the link at the top of this article. You may also be able to buy this set from your favourite hobby retailer. 

xprestashop-logo-1614173875.jpg.pagespeed_ic.I3Q3nsw4GL.thumb.png.d68f2e544a97c40c84e379bfdcbbf77c.png