HMS Agamemnon by george - FINISHED - Caldercraft

Hello all,

Thought it was about time I had a go at this. Not great with this sort of thing so hope this goes ok.

Started my Agamemnon March this year, couldn't believe how big it was when the box arrived.

This is my 3rd build, HMS Snake ( Caldercraft ) and Racehourse being the others.

Followed Mobbsie and Decoymans Aggie builds and they have been a great help.

post-2248-0-33038800-1376077579_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-38758400-1376077630_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-85310500-1376077690_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-51542900-1376077714_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-56926900-1376077796_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-88428900-1376077864_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-82495200-1376077899_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-42667300-1376077954_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-39950800-1376077985_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-54838600-1376078017_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-85410400-1376078048_thumb.jpg

Hi George, Welcome to MSW where you will be able to get any help you need with your very impressive build.  I look forward to viewing the rest of the build.

Richard (Jimbob)

Best wishes

Jimbob (Richard)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Hi George,

:722972270:

Welcome to MSW mate, and an extra welcome to the Aggy club.

I have a reputation for being a quick builder but I think you beat me hands down and your making a fantastic job on her as well. :)  :)

Holland-on-Sea, not far from me, might be good to hook up one day and compare notes.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to further updates.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

very nice, well done, i will follow yr build with interest

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi George,

Also from me a welcome to MSW !

That's a real beauty what you've got there.

As you can see in my signature., I want to build her also in the future.

So…..before anybody else is going to tell you that I'm always yelling about pictures, a lot of pictures please !!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

So I can see what I have to do in the future.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi George,

A very clean and sharp build. Nice

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Hi George,

I've also just completed my Race Horse, and currently I've just ordered a display case as the final stage.. (planned to make my own, but gave up due to tight schedule of my work :P )

Nice painting job you've there! :)

She looks so beautiful 

and 

:722972270:

Visit My Blog! 

http://malaysiamodelship.blogspot.com/

Previous Build:

HMS Race Horse (Sergal)

Current Build:

HMS Unicorn (Corel)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few more pictures of where i'm at, at the moment.

Struggled a bit rigging the gun tackle, seemed to take an age.

Then you cover most of it up with the top deck.

post-2248-0-80203700-1378368261_thumb.jpgpost-2248-0-42784000-1378368308_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-82373600-1378368334_thumb.jpg

Finishing of the head rail assembly now, can never seem to get that quite right.

Hi George,

You've made some great progress there mate and she's looking absolutely fabulous, well done on rigging the guns, it can be tricky and fiddly but I rig most of mine before putting on the ship. :)  :)

One word of advice, put the cavel cleats ( part 182 ) on before you place the top deck on, the manual calls for the top deck to be placed along with the 5 boat beams, this does make it difficult to place the cleats, I also placed a small block behind the cleat so that it lifted it away from the bulwark.

Hope you don't mind me putting that in. ;)

keep it up mate and keep those pics coming in, we have to keep " he who cannot be named " happy, he sulks otherwise. :D  :D

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Cheers for that Mobbsie. Glued. the top deck on yesterday without the cavel cleats.

I spotted that weeks ago when going over the plans but completely forgot about them.

anything else that needs looking out for, advice would be more than welcome.

Cheers George.

A few more pictures of my latest progress. 

Managed to fit the Cavel cleats in Mobbsie. Would have been easier if i'd done it at the right time though. 

Had to shift my HMS Snake the other day. Thought it was a biggy when I built it but as you can see the Agamemnon 's going to tower over it

post-2248-0-78568100-1378838558_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-84675100-1378838578.jpg

post-2248-0-05239100-1378838605_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-37650100-1378838626_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-19528500-1378838646_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-61720200-1378838674_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-13153900-1378838711_thumb.jpg

post-2248-0-35991900-1378838728_thumb.jpg

Another Welcome to MSW George....... great looking build you've got going....  be ck'n in now and then on your progress.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi George,

Great progress and thanks for the pictures !

Your paint work looks fabulous 

Nice view those two ships.

You can see the difference of size between them :D  :D  :D 

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

You're building a beautiful vessel there George.  And you're already in great company.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi George,

Head rails looks good mate, it appears to be difficult and I always approach it with some trepidation but you have mastered it with no problems, well done.

Cavel cleats have gone in nicely even though they could be put in earlier, I'm surprised it's not been amended in the instructions, even if they put a footnote in it would be a help.

How hard did you try looking for the safety netting, I looked all over the place for the right design but failed miserably, Grant saved my bacon and sent me some from Australia, like you all I could find was the honeycomb pattern which is not correct, I couldn't even find the right stuff online, apparently Grant got it from an occasion shop, they use it for decorating chairs and so on.

You have made some really good progress mate and you should be well pleased.

I look forward to more updates.

mobbsie

mobbsie

• 1 month later...

You really have made some very good progress there George, she's looking really smart.

Did you turn your posts for the companionways or buy them, they do look good.

Keep it up mate.

mobbsie

mobbsie

Very nice build so far George, she really is huge compared to your Snake! Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Hi George,

Good progress mate, she's looking lovely.

You may want to have a look at your Cavel Cleats ( post 28, picture 2 ) on the upper deck, 2 small points, 1, They are too close to the aft gun, when you come to put the steps in for the Poop Deck your going to be squeezed for space, 2, they should be at an angle forward to the right and not aft to the left.  They are very small points mate but may cause you some grief later.

I made the mistake of pinning and gluing mine to the deck but they are clear of the steps so didn't cause me any trouble.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

Be Good

mobbsie

Edited by mobbsie

mobbsie

Hi Mobbsie,

Thanks for that mate. I've remove the cavel cleats luckily came away easily ( didn't make a very good 

job of gluing them on). Do you think its better to fix them on now or after I've done the steps from the poop deck?

Helps always welcome

George.