Does anyone know this model?, and how the deck was painted this realistically?.

I am getting close to having to paint my Wahine models deck and being 4.6m long I have a lot of it to do, I have a very specific look I need to the weathering.  I have never seen a deck as well painted and weathered as this model, almost the same colour as what I need to, but the technique used here is clearly a very well thought out one.

The rust is fairly standard procedure but the rest is just wow.
Does anyone know who the builder of this is or how to get hold of them?.
Maybe someone knows how this was achieved, the salt wash marbling in particular is superb.

deck.JPG.2c72d8dafcbf8226c59aa2f08d68cc5a.JPG

The actual video is here.

17minutes in.

Edited by Richard Dunn

Thanks Portsoy
I suppose I should not be surprised it could be that since most weathering is done like that, what I think the key is is what has it been applied with as I don't think just brushing will give that effect, and it does not look like foam or sponge.
This is one effect I have never seen any information on anywhere.
Maybe it's just flooded on and left to pool and bead in it's own way using the surface tension as that would simulate the effect in my mind anyway.

I am thinking it could also be using the salt technique, certainly I think will use salt and spatter techniques as this  shot of the deck of the Wahine shows.

Salt?
salt.JPG.055a0b36b95c21945654ec47e7a0b852.JPGand spatter Spatter.JPG.c81f92e6734fabc4dbd0121cee3401e7.JPGand on wreck990559407_wreckportsidebridgewing_1_2013.jpg.e93ca38b39cce514bf53b74b24254ec3.jpg.96d630e9fed202145586d7b49559906f.jpg
Thoughts?.

Also the "new" colour of the deck paint is the darker bluish green/teal  paint around the base of the binnacle, I am unsure if that should be applied as base coat and fading built on top, or work in reverse and only apply the dark colour like a pin wash around the areas that fade less at the end.
Keep in mind my decks are large, some are the same area as a  sheet of A3 paper

Edited by Richard Dunn

The response from the builder in regard to painting,

I painted the tug some 10 years ago and it was my first attempt at weathering any of my models! (I just winged it). From what I remember I used all humbrol enamel paints, the green was no2 gloss , I brushed this on fairly thick with a hap hazard fashion so as not to leave the brush strokes going one way or the other, I didn’t want a gloss deck so on went a coat of satin cote again in a hap hazard fashion. A couple of washes one in a very weak black and one in a rusty colour. I dry brushed the areas I thought would have more wear with a light grey or light green I can’t remember. I didn’t do anything really fancy but I guess it come out okay!  This was in no337 of marine modelling international April 2015

Cook_08.jpg

Cook_07.jpg

Cook_06.jpg

Cook_05.jpg

Cook_04.jpg

Cook_03.jpg

Cook_10.jpg

Cook_09.jpg