ships lamp

I've designed a quick lamp model if anyone is interested. its close to 1:48 but can be scaled in any direction. My thought was to print it clear and paint the metal details on, drill a small hole and inset a micro LED. If anyone prints one id like to see how they turn out, I've yet to purchase a printer.

lamp.JPG

lamp.stl

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

This is awesome, Scrubby!  I was about to sit down and draw one up for myself.  I think I may try to print the metal frame and leave it open - then use something like Testor's window maker cement to create the glass portions.  Thanks for offering the .stl file.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Clear skies!

Gabe

Current builds:
Harvey, Baltimore Clipper - Artesania Latina
HMS Triton Cross Section, 18th Century Frigate - online scratch build
HMCS Agassiz, WW2 Flower-Class Corvette - HMV - card model

Completed:
Swift, Pilot Schooner - Artesania Latina --- Build log --- Gallery

Skeeter, Ship-in-Bottle - Ships a Sailin' kit --- Build log

Santa Maria, Caravel - Artesania Latina --- Build log

7 hours ago, Gabek said:

This is awesome, Scrubby!  I was about to sit down and draw one up for myself.  I think I may try to print the metal frame and leave it open - then use something like Testor's window maker cement to create the glass portions.  Thanks for offering the .stl file.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Clear skies!

Gabe

Thanks Gabe. If you can get it to print the metal frame that would be awesome, I’d purchase a bunch from you  

Initially I tried to have shapeways print just the frame and they said it was too small so I just made it a solid. Can’t wait to see your progress.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

• 7 months later...

In the "I can't believe I forgot to do this" department...

Here is the modified lantern that JJ's original design evolved into.  It comes with the bottom plate removed to allow threading an LED in from the bottom.  A separate "plug" can be glued in place afterwards. This file is at 1:48 but can be scaled up or down as needed in your slicing or CAD programs.

Clear skies and sharp tools!

- Gabe

image.png.c7164fd013e5c26e841ef33abf78826a.png

Lantern 2.0 with bottom plug.stl

Current builds:
Harvey, Baltimore Clipper - Artesania Latina
HMS Triton Cross Section, 18th Century Frigate - online scratch build
HMCS Agassiz, WW2 Flower-Class Corvette - HMV - card model

Completed:
Swift, Pilot Schooner - Artesania Latina --- Build log --- Gallery

Skeeter, Ship-in-Bottle - Ships a Sailin' kit --- Build log

Santa Maria, Caravel - Artesania Latina --- Build log