Mamoli America Bulkhead questions

MrBeanCar

I’m starting the 1/66 Mamoli America; and I’ve read what build logs I could find.  My primary source at this time is Hamilton’s from 2015. 

Glad I looked at that as the openings in the keel for the bulkheads are quite off, similar to his experience.  I’ll be adjusting for that.

I’ve found something else that seems a bit out of kilter (described below).

Input requested.  My thoughts are that I should make the bottoms align as well as possible and not worry about what happens up top.

Exposition

The top surfaces of bulkheads 9-10-11 end up well below the top of the keel (Part 16) ; ¼” for 10 and 11, and 5/32” at 11.    I’m not concerned so much about where the bulkhead ends up at the top, however, I’m concerned more about where the bottom edge of the bulkhead ends up at.

Using a copy of the plan, I drew a smooth line connecting the bottoms of the bulkheads and matched that to where the bottom of the bulkhead meets the keel. 

1)      If I raise up 9-10-11 so that the top of these bulkheads meet the top of the keel, the bottoms of the bulkhead don’t come close to matching a continuous line

2)      It actually looks like I need to lower bulkheads 9 and 10 further down, to create a smooth line

I attach 3 fotos. 

Foto 1 shows how low the bulkheads are compared to the top of the keel;

Foto 2 shows how the bulkheads meet the keel, and the need to lower 9 and 10 a bit (matching comment 2 above)

Foto 3 shows what happens should I move the bulkheads up to match the top of the keels; this doesn’t look right at all  

America foto 1s.jpg

America foto 2s.jpg

America foto 3s.jpg

Well just by accident I was looking along the length of the frames and noticed the profiles did not look right.

I thought the frames were in order, on the sheet that they are cut from.  They aren't.  So I had mixed up frames in the wrong slots.  I matched them to the profiles on one of the plans, and this solved the problem I had.

Regards