Ottoman Ship of the Line Mahmudiye by GeorgeKapas - FINISHED - 1/350

So glad I found this build, wonderful work, puts my kits to shame

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I made the base using tissue paper, woodglue and acrylic colours. Basically a papier mache with the woodglue and water that I shaped with a brush. I painted with acrylics then added another woodglue layer for gloss effect. I haven't made up my mind about the best combination of ingredients and methods for it, so each new base is slightly differently made. I went back after this stage and revised a few details on the ship even as late as this stage, but there is little point elaborating on it since I skiped taking photos on many of the stages to be honest. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The last two photos definitely puts this ship into perspective as to size.   At any scale, it's one impressive and beautiful build.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

5 hours ago, Seahawk1313 said:

Wonderful work, just one question, on what deck was the ship's wheel on a Turkish Ship of the Line?  - Hal

I put it in the typical position, top deck forward of the mizzen. The deck arrangement was not found so I followed the typical one,  simplified

So here the ship is 99% complete. One can in theory remove her from the base and display the ship as full hull model. Since the previous post, some details were added and some changed, like the boats moved further aft etc. A few more pieces were still not added by this point, like boat rudders, etc, but I'll post more of the finished photos later. I added some flags that I printed and painted, the anchors were sourced from my parts heap but reduced in size a bit, the boats are also from parts and have been cut down to scale. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

well done lovely work

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Excellent work!  Very nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

An absolutely stunning model made even more so considering the scale and materials used. 

Just incredible and beautifully crafted.  I'm happy she went to a museum and this model really needs to be seen and not locked away somewhere.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulations George.

I just show your progect, having stay away from Pcs for the summer and I'm amazed by your scratch building method and

the excellent and beautiful result.:excl:

I'm looking forward to see your work on "Karteria".

Thx