Review: Worx MakerX Rotary tool power share system using their 20v lithium batteries

My daughter bought the MakerX rotary tool for me for my birthday a few months ago mainly because I own and really like several of the Worx line of power tools. The MakerX is not what I would call a traditional cordless rotary tool, however, it is portable and can be used without having to plug it into an outlet. The MakerX uses a Central Hub that their 20v lithium batteries attaches to, with a cord running from the Hub to the rear of the rotary tool. What I noticed is the size of the rotary tool isn't much bigger than a flex hose attachment and lighter than your traditional cordless models. It is compatable with most if not all Dremel accessories that I have tried on it.

Now to get down to brass tacs here, Does it work and how well does it perform? From my experience it's performance rivals Dremel's cordless rotary tool. It has more than enough power with the 20v battery and will run for hours and when nthat battery starts waining, just pop it off and add another one (Ihave several batteries). It comes with like a 3 year warranty.My kit came with numerous bits and accessories in a nice tote bag.

The MakerX is what Worx calls part of their power share line that uses their 20v battery, but that aint all folks. The MakerX has it's own power share tools that uses the MakerX Hub to power them like a small heat gun, little paint spray gun, rotary tool and a host of other add ons that can be purchased together or separately.   

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01567.jpg