Good Morning from Virginia.. 1973 style from Model Shipways..

Treebeard

Good Morning to all!

1/8"=1foot Benjamin Latham. Model Shipways, Bogota.. https://photos.app.goo.gl/m5rX3cJELFDeW6Sg6

Guy here.  This has been gathering dust under my workbench.. Modeling and Fishing Boats always a love.. but past many years I had no time..

Last Oct 2021 life changed.  I had my second right cerebral stroke in Norfolk, visiting my special needs son. This is 3 hours from home. I had taken the day off from UVA where I was a director. Well, after 2 hospital stays, learning to walk and having to go on permanent Disability after 20+ years at UVA and another 25 in semiconductor and optics I am now home in my basement.  Now a shop of sorts..

I am planning to finally build something with my hands.. my fine motor sitting down is ok.. standing up and moving a completely different story.

I love smaller models ( fan of Philip Reed and his books.. I have em all).  Tto build my skills I will start here I think.. or one of the shipyard card models (modified greatly with wood)..

Any way.. I will read the book that came along with the model in the yellow box.. the prints are 2 colors! nice back then... There are poured parts (lead?) or is it pot metal.. I dont know.. 

Just saying Hey!

Guy

PS.. I have stopped, started or ignored several builds here.. please forgive me.. I did not have the time..

The Road goes ever on and on

Out from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

Let others follow it who can!

Let them a journey new begin,

But I at last with weary feet

Will turn towards the lighted inn,

My evening-rest and sleep to meet.