md1400cs

Wasa by md1400cs - FINISHED - Corel - 1:75

Thank you Michael for the info.

Denis, as Michael told; Corel kit supply was made from metal (coopper?) and plastic. IMO to find parrels in; right/appropriate size and shape and material (wood) and good quality from a store is not easy. Nowadays I spend lot of time to make my own blocks. Corel and store ones (that I had bought before to replace kit supply blocks) are too bad.

Michael's choices (blocks, parrels, riggings lines, etc...) are very good and satisfying...

Michael, your Wasa Log is really a reference source... I understand better when I need it.

Hola Michael:

You have really done a splendid job, especially considering that your finished boat has nothing to do with the original Corel Kit and much to do with the Vasa found in the museum. I remember your first post in February 2013 about Vasa, and although time has passed, it has been well worth it.

Ready for the next project?

:champagne:

Saludos, Karl

I love the color of the wood in the model. Can I ask what wood and what finish you are using on the different parts? I'm about to start the Billing Vasa and have already started the Deagustini Vasa bu I can't stand the plywood and the planking material. I also can't find  a nice stain or something that I like.

and ofcourse congratulations on this wonderful build.

Br

Jörgen  

Hi Mates,

Well she is done. Last pics for this log, a big thanks, especially to those of you who have followed along – for such a long time!! adding your kind and encouraging words, and all of your important advice. So many of your compliments have also helped me become a better builder – again thanks. Big thanks for so many of your Like clicks and visits as well.

Captain Steve: Up next, after much hand wringing –it was between the Billing Oseberg (1/25th

As much as I became obsesses with Vikings after watching all seasons of The Vikings this kit is just too big (my fault for not paying attention to its size during the purchase) Yes there are smaller size kits – could be…..

So having learned so much with Vasa, I will go with the OcCre Santisima Trinidad cross section. I intend to bash the heck out of it, including leaving some of the lower and upper gun deck planking bare, as well as poss. at the weather deck as well – showing the, to be added,  under framings. And trying my first at coppering the hull. 

Jörgen regarding the woods – those that came with the kit, along with wood from Corel’s Mirage. Then from Midwest products; some walnut, mahogany, Cherry, and beech. I did not use any finish on this build, nor do I intend to.

Again Mates THANKS SO MUCH for your kind words.

Regards,

1.thumb.jpg.9e2b41b1494df576793ad12373a3325f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1bfccbdc7f2e8f2392f341bd0588fbed.jpg3.thumb.jpg.67e683617dfdcd496394a9d6c6e5d9a3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.ae5b1f1134dde68fcca2f1251e25bf25.jpg6.thumb.jpg.13ee66dc4642208df2befa536ae2746b.jpg7.thumb.jpg.aaae6e7413a6cd442f11e4d941ec5606.jpg8.thumb.jpg.e2357774e9f2cbd5d2cd6141d7912765.jpg9.thumb.jpg.a71d56cc0ac6301ff01bb2a52b174615.jpg10.thumb.jpg.893f5a47212607d5c71d51ab26a3e9df.jpg

Congratulations on a masterpiece of a build. I can only imagine the skill level involved in a creation of this caliber. I'm starting the standing rigging on my Wasa. I'm interested in the case you chose for your Wasa. It is very sleek in design but understated as to not distract from the ship. My friend who I am making my Wasa for just loves the case. Can you give me any information about the case? The price and manufacturers of the case. I look forward to seeing your next build. Thanks and regards 

Thanks to all of you for such kind comments. SO appreciated indeed.

I goofed up trying to add a "link" under my new current build and now this huge first photo from the new log appears within my signature each time that I now post comments.

I wont post until its fixed. Have absolutely no intentions of stepping over any build that I follow with my ridiculous "new" signature

SORRY mates. I tried to delete the link - went to my "signature" area can't seem to just delete it. grrrr

Looked for help at the appropriate site area but can't find what I need to fix this mess grrrr (2)

On 3/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, jhart65 said:

Congratulations on a masterpiece of a build. I can only imagine the skill level involved in a creation of this caliber. I'm starting the standing rigging on my Wasa. I'm interested in the case you chose for your Wasa. It is very sleek in design but understated as to not distract from the ship. My friend who I am making my Wasa for just loves the case. Can you give me any information about the case? The price and manufacturers of the case. I look forward to seeing your next build. Thanks and regards 

Thanks for your kind words as well. Regarding the case; it was custom made to my exact design, size and specifications by a local wood-shop. As for the cover, I took the completed wood base and had a plastic speciality shop make a plexiglass cover, again to my exact needed height and, of course to fit the wood base. Price will vary, as you know based on needed size. 

Peter,

Fair question

Ah yes - those now, in this household, infamous Pegasus. As some of you may know, they got “planked” by the Admiral as soon as she saw them trying to be included as part of the base. (I may be sharing too much J

It turns out that with the small mounting braces that I made they crowded the area, and did not correctly fit under the ship.

Also, visually they took too much away from the minimalist case that I had intended.

So the Admiral was relieved that I did not place them inside the case. “It’s all good” - Oh well, I may put them on eBay.

IMG_7475.thumb.jpg.d04a9cda7d6f5aefa5d8c9671dcce977.jpgIMG_9395.thumb.jpg.bd9444b3896385b145d5ae26b848260d.jpg

What a journey you have been on Michael, and what a stunning result. Your log has always been informative and represents a valuable guide for others who embark on this build.

A great display location to enjoy views from all sides, many congratulations. :)

Regards,

B.E.