Old magazine ad for Model Expo Swift.

Peanut6

I was rereading a 35 year old magazine and came across an ad by Mode Expo for their "Swift (No. 139TM)" introductory to ship building kit offer.  It came with the kit model, plans, instructions, tools, a copy of "Ship Models from Kits" plus a bonus of 2 cannon kits.  I couldn't believe the price, $29.95 +$3 S&H.  Then the silliest thought ran thru my mind, what if they received this order in the mail - would they honor it for the price stated?  Feeling a bit wicked (I hadn't fully consumed my first cup of coffee yet), I read thru the entire ad three times.  I didn't find any expiration date for the offer, the only date listed within the ad was a Model Expo copyright date of 1986.  Maybe they just might have to honor their advertisement, so for smiles and grins, I checked the kit number and surprisingly found nothing other than somebody was selling a copy of the advertisement for $14.95.  Obviously they can't fill an order for a part number that no longer is valid, but it was fun while it lasted.  That silly morning adventure was enough to clear the cobwebs from my sleepy head so I could head to the store and get the things I needed to fix a promised pork rib dinner for the Boss.  In all honesty I probably wouldn't have gone thru with it even if it were possible.  I wouldn't feel good about taking advantage of a site sponsor in such an extreme manner.     

Take care and be safe.

kev

Current Build:  HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat - Artesania Latina

On the shelf:  Oseberg #518 - Billing Boats