Bristol F.2B WW1 Fighter by CDW - FINISHED - Eduard - 1:48 Scale

CDW

It doesn't say but did he or someone buy the Wing Nuts brand and molds?  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

13 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

It doesn't say but did he or someone buy the Wing Nuts brand and molds?  

Before the virus debacle, Andy had a big order in place. All the warehouses were scoured recently, and it was found they had a quantity of old stock kits stashed away inside a warehouse in NZ that were hitherto unfound. This is the shipping container that Andy is just now preparing to receive in mid-December. To the best of my knowledge, any future production of new inventory is still in limbo. Andy says he WILL NOT be jacking up the prices. They will be sold at their original MSRP. First come, first served. If you want one or more of these, I highly suggest ordering them at the very first opportunity starting at 6:00 PM EST. Once word gets out, they will be gone in short order IMO.

Unbelievable....I started trying to open the page at 6:00 PM on the dot. Wouldn't show the products. After hitting "refresh" over and over again, it finally came up around 6:02 PM. Some of the inventory was already "sold out". I did manage to order a duelist kit which contains two kits, the Halberstadt Cl.II and an RE8 Harry Tate. In addition, snagged the Jeannin Stahltaube, and the DH.2 with Lanoe Hawker figure. I am happy to land these kits, for sure. Maybe will be here by Christmas, we'll see.

I also picked up the Jeannin Stahltaube - on my wish list for a long time now but has always been in the $300+ range.  Also picked up an Albatros B.II and Junkers D.1.  Hope it all works out!

Almost everything looks like it's sold out already - wow!  If you missed any, Sprue Brothers will run a similar pre-order.

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

10 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

I also picked up the Jeannin Stahltaube - on my wish list for a long time now but has always been in the $300+ range.  Also picked up an Albatros B.II and Junkers D.1.  Hope it all works out!

Almost everything looks like it's sold out already - wow!  If you missed any, Sprue Brothers will run a similar pre-order.

Didn't know Spruebrothers were also getting a shipment. Thanks for that update.

Andy said the container had thousands of kits. Hard to believe so many sold out in just minutes like that. Some people must have been ordering many of each.

They posted on Facebook.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

3 hours ago, CDW said:

Where did you hear about it?

I actually got an e-mail from them...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

4 hours ago, CDW said:

Didn't know Spruebrothers were also getting a shipment. Thanks for that update.

Andy said the container had thousands of kits. Hard to believe so many sold out in just minutes like that. Some people must have been ordering many of each.

I'm sorry; are we talking about model kits or concert tickets?

Look out for them on resale sites.

The resellers are the ones who will jack up the prices. Hopefully, many modelers got what they were looking for. This could keep happening until they start molding new kits, if ever, vice selling off hidden stockpiles.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Just now, Canute said:

The resellers are the ones who will jack up the prices. Hopefully, many modelers got what they were looking for. This could keep happening until they start molding new kits, if ever, vice selling off hidden stockpiles.

I agree with you 100% on this. Wish Andy had limited the orders to one of each, because I have a feeling there were resellers who came along and ordered dozens each of certain kits that have the highest resale value, and that hurts the modeler who actually builds the kits. I don't know what else could explain certain kits being sold out just two minutes past 6:00 PM. I seriously doubt it was from modelers who bought one of each.

I've never bought from Andy's before, but I have to say, that was incredibly nice of him to offer the kits at the normal pre-WW-closing price.  I'm now going to add his shop as a go-to for my modeling needs.

Mike

19 minutes ago, CDW said:

I agree with you 100% on this. Wish Andy had limited the orders to one of each, because I have a feeling there were resellers who came along and ordered dozens each of certain kits that have the highest resale value, and that hurts the modeler who actually builds the kits. I don't know what else could explain certain kits being sold out just two minutes past 6:00 PM. I seriously doubt it was from modelers who bought one of each.

I was very surprised that some kits like Jeannin were (and are) still available.  That one easily goes for $300+ on eBay.

Mike

Just now, Landlubber Mike said:

I was very surprised that some kits like Jeannin were (and are) still available.  That one easily goes for $300+ on eBay.

I always check the "sold" prices on Ebay, not the active, asking prices. Often there is a large disparity between the asking prices and the actual sold prices. There was one particular WnW kit I wanted from Ebay but the asking prices were $150 or even more than the actual, historical sold prices. I made a seller an offer for the sold (history) price and explained why. He declined. I waited and within a week or two bought another one for the historic sold amount. That other seller never sold his kit and took it down from Ebay listing. But yeah, there are some ridiculous prices people are asking for their stuff. Probably sometimes they even get it because people don't take the time to thoroughly check history. For those that don't know, you can begin a search for an item on Ebay, then select the check mark for "sold" items only. This will give you a list f items that match your search that have sold in the last 90 days or so. 

I don't often check the sold history prices, but I've watched various items I might be interested in to see where auctions tend to shake out.  What's interesting is that for some kits, the final selling price after a bidding war can be $100+ over what it sold in another relatively contemporaneous auction.  Just have to do your due diligence.

Mike

I just took a look at Sprue Brothers - they have the same 41 kits listed as Andy's, and a couple of extra decal sets.  So, they must be pretty confident that these are in the containers coming over from the warehouse in NZ.

Mike

I don't often check the sold history prices, but I've watched various items I might be interested in to see where auctions tend to shake out.  What's interesting is that for some kits, the final selling price after a bidding war can be $100+ over what it sold in another relatively contemporaneous auction.  Just have to do your due diligence.

My son is a huge Ebay seller, just not model kits. He has taught me a lot of tricks to watch for when buying or selling. His knowledge and recall of what items are worth is astounding to me. He can spot a valuable item a mile away. Things I wouldn't notice or give a second look if I did, he can spot it and immediately know how much he can make from the sale of it. He bought a big box of new old stock electrical items one day when I was with him garage sale hopping. I think he gave maybe $25 for the entire box. He sold individual items out of that box for hundreds of dollars each. They were component parts for commercial grade HVAC units. 

I just took a look at Sprue Brothers - they have the same 41 kits listed as Andy's, and a couple of extra decal sets.  So, they must be pretty confident that these are in the containers coming over from the warehouse in NZ.

I saw that too. Also, their "news" section tells about it. Says they are expecting delivery very soon, but they are not offering preorder. First come, first served when it gets here.

8 hours ago, Canute said:

Resellers, ...  BAH ..(spitting on the ground).

There's always a fly man ready to grift a buck.

• 4 months later...