Uploading pictures

Hello at all,

I just uploaded the latest pictures of my model of the Confederacy, but before submission I had to see that some of them appeared turned upside down - example see below -, and I absolutely don´t have any idea why. 

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

Greetings

Werner

20221112_123417.jpg

It may depend on how you are holding your phone when taking the picture, assuming it is a phone pic.  It will automatically include rotation data in the picture which in this case is wrong.   It would be helpful to know what you are using to take the pictures and what you are using to create the post (windows pc? mac? creating it right on your phone?)

See the pinned "uploading pictures" thread in the "How to use the MSW forum" category, particularly posts 15 and 16, especially if using a windows pc to create the post.

- Gary

Current Build: Artesania Latina Sopwith Camel

Completed Builds: Blue Jacket America 1/48th  Annapolis Wherry

I have had this happen when using my cell phone in the middle of a series and I did not change the camera orientation.  I chock it up to a mystery of the universe.  (A couple of times I cannot categorically state I did not rotate the camera on some series.  So, user error is always a potential possibility.)

If you download pics to your PC and they are upside down, there's an easy fix.  From the file manager, put your cursor on the photo to be rotated.  Right click.  There's two command choices in the drop down menu: Rotate Left and Rotate Right.  Click either one of them twice to rotate the photo 180 degrees.  Saves loading up a photo editor just to rotate the pics.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

Hello Robert,

thank you very much!

Fact is that however I hold the smartphone, all pictures in the smartphone file and later on my laptop - via e-mail - have the normal orientation, and rotating them left or right is intentionally. The problem came with the upload to the forum, when to my surprise some pictures appeared upside down. What I tried was to rotate these pictures before uploading hoping they would then appear normal, but that was not helpful....

What  I must say is that in another forum the upload of these pictures is not at all a problem....

Werner

Edited by wernerweiss
Complemented the text

Do you have a Windows PC  by perchance?  If so, download the photos to that and then use Paint (part of the Windows OS) to rotate, crop, etc.  There might be something similar to Paint in the Apple world but I don't have any knowledge of those machines.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

16 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Do you have a Windows PC  by perchance?  If so, download the photos to that and then use Paint (part of the Windows OS) to rotate, crop, etc.  There might be something similar to Paint in the Apple world but I don't have any knowledge of those machines.

Hello Mark, thank you very much for your comment......meanwhile I could fix the problem. Yesterday I found a post in this forum (see below); I rotated the pictures four times as described there and it worked!

Screenshot (467).png