HMS Cumberland 1774 by AlexBaranov - FINISHED - 1:36

Absolutely incredible :wub:  :wub:  :wub: .Am I correct in thinking this is solid wood,machined on a cnc milling machine of your own design Alex?I have been following the development of your 2nd Pantelymon-Victoria and have to ask do you do all the computer drawing work yourself?That is cutting edge 3d drawing!How you produce a 3d computer image of this carving for manufacture with just a 2d drawing and sketches is beyond me.

Kind Regards Nigel

Edited by NMBROOK

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Absolutely incredible :wub:  :wub:  :wub: .Am I correct in thinking this is solid wood,machined on a cnc milling machine of your own design Alex?I have been following the development of your 2nd Pantelymon-Victoria and have to ask do you do all the computer drawing work yourself?That is cutting edge 3d drawing!How you produce a 3d computer image of this carving for manufacture with just a 2d drawing and sketches is beyond me.

Kind Regards Nigel

Hi Nigel 
Yes, indeed, this sculpture is made by CNC machined of wood alpine pear. Files we do together with my wife. 
To handle the relief I use the rotary coordinate in the 2D plane. However, for each plane we do personally control program. Four manufacture of Neptune we did 20 control program (arms legs and torso)

Hi Alex.

Its a outstanding carving and am sure I will never be able to do one with just detail and beauti but isn't his left arm post to be at chest level and his right arm  at  waist level? Outstanding carving sir thats for sure, and thank you for sharing.

Gary

Edited by garyshipwright

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely astounding work! Are all your mouldings and decorative works done on CNC? I tookup relief carving as a hobby with the goal of trying to add these kind of details to my models. (One day, but no where near as good as your work! )

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Edited by GabeK

Current builds:
Harvey, Baltimore Clipper - Artesania Latina
HMS Triton Cross Section, 18th Century Frigate - online scratch build
HMCS Agassiz, WW2 Flower-Class Corvette - HMV - card model

Completed:
Swift, Pilot Schooner - Artesania Latina --- Build log --- Gallery

Skeeter, Ship-in-Bottle - Ships a Sailin' kit --- Build log

Santa Maria, Caravel - Artesania Latina --- Build log

Alors que faites-vous à la fin ... Je fais partie de ce pouvoirqui est toujours mal, maistoujours fait du bien.

The horror ... What is difficult to understand this your clipped Russian, it is English. I can not onyat one value when values ​​have five British ... Very interesting topic to talk .. Chtog was early in the chicken or the egg? So, I have absolutely convinced that English is no longer a Russian 500 years ago

Absolutely stunning Alex :wub:  :wub: For me your work,along with the works of Dr Mike,is my benchmark,one day I will get there!

Kind Regards Nigel

Hi Nigel. 
In this case, you should hurry. You have only two years to fulfill your wish and save his life. I'm telling you this because you're one of us and did not forget (I hope) the memory of your (and my) ancestors. 
If you like, learn more ...

Unfortunately here in this forum I can not tell everything I know. No, there is no error in translation. I am referring to that very soon (3 - 7 years (not exactly say MSU) land where you now live is not suitable for human life). Want to know more? ask me confidentially. 

Cassandra had the gift of predicting the future. But she had a curse that no one believed in her predictions.

This is just a post on Alex's behalf.Having chatted to Alex on facebook this morning,we feel that his last post could have been misinterpreted mainly down to the translator.He is pleased to inform me that Dr Mike is very much alive and well.

Kind Regards Nigel

Edited by NMBROOK

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Alex.

Truly outstanding work.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section