Norske Love 1765 by niels wilhelm - Billing Boats - scratch built hull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful work Niels.  I recall as a kid in the late 60's and early 70's I helped my next door neighbor work in this Billings kit.  I'm not sure if his Norske Love was ever finished.  Since this is a scratch built hull, is this the plank on frame hull you displayed at the Museum of Flight February show several years ago?

I've put my other ship modeling projects aside as my interest has shifted to Pacific Northwest and Seattle maritime history.  I'm currently researching the lumber schooner Wawona (and C.A. Thayer) and the Downeaster St. Paul with an eye of building a 1/8" = 1' model of each.  As you once told me, for ship modeling "the mood has to be right".  I will never forget that.

I do hope you remember the wonderful weekend we had at the Museum of Flight show several years ago.  That was the show where we each wore our red NWSM shirts with yellow "ruler suspenders".  As I recall, you were working on a Viking Dakkar at the time.

I hope all is well with you.  Please feel free to Private Message me if you get a chance.

Wawona59

John

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  ?

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner