USF Confederacy by Augie & Moonbug - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

That was built in Patrick.  Chuck is the idea guy .....  I just screw 'em and glue 'em together :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Nice work there, mr. carpenter.  :D   Ok  seriously nice work, Augie.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

(not to mention a veritable plethora of photoetched adornments).  This is the fun stuff!

I know I know......

I'm blont or Gray but.......

What is Plethora photo edged adornments ?????????????

Can you put that please in Dutch for me ?????????

Transom looks great Augie.

I think you have to change your name into Rembrandt !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Ben, I'll get there soon.  But as my Admiral would attest to, everything for me is tricky!

Sjors -  translate to 'a lot of bling'.  I think that's Dutch (pffff).

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Let the games begin

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Sjors.... a bit of Google here... Overvloed foto geëtste versieringen.   I think.  If not.. pfffffffffff.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Sjors understands pfffffffffff,

Augie, she's looking great, well done mate.

Nothing to do with the stern is easy, from the transom to the quarter galleries but you have mastered it beautifully.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Pffffffffffffffffff!!!!!

.....oh, that was for Sjors.......

Lovely work Augie. She's looking quite splendiferous! (translate that one Sjors ;) )

Just got caught up Augie and you have done a wonderful job on a shall we say challenging area.

I agree with Sjors that it is "voortreffelijk"! :) 

voortreffelijk {adj}

excellent
exquisite
superior

Couldn't have said it any better myself. That is if I could pronounce it!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Would you gentlemen stop typing with your mouths full?

Thanks for the kind words.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

looking very nice Augie.......are you going to be using P.E. for the windows?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I could, Popeye.  But I have something else I want to try first.  Details to follow.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Ah ha !!... what does the master have up his sleeve??????

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Careful there Grant... it might be a trap to get us to follow down the rabbit hole.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Time for a small update.  The moldings on the quarter galleries and stern have been added:

post-56-0-56173300-1396203738_thumb.jpg

The myriad of photo etched details to be added to this area are being painted and prepared.

And now for the windows.  The kit comes supplied with laser cut plywood window frames:

post-56-0-78749800-1396203865_thumb.jpg

Clear acetate is also supplied.  I don't care for this.  It always looks like it's not there to my eye.  So I decided to try this stuff:

post-56-0-74725300-1396203951_thumb.jpg

In fact, it's a water soluble adhesive similar to the canopy glue we use for model airplanes.  It is white when applied, takes a full day to dry and results in a semi-transparent glaze which you either like, or you don't.  To apply it, you affix your frame down firmly to a plastic bag.  Don't try wax paper or the glaze will stick to it.  For 'windows' of this size (about 5/32"), fill the cavity with the liquid glaze.  Once dry, you may spot some defects so plan on doing a second application (or third).  Here's what it looks like in process (the frames have been stained):

post-56-0-07038400-1396204237_thumb.jpg

Now here's what the finished product looks like.  On the left is a frame backed with acetate.  You can see it's completely clear.  On the right, a frame glazed as above.  It looks like 'bottle glass'.  I prefer this appearance, realizing it won't be everyone's cup of tea:

post-56-0-59886500-1396204485_thumb.jpg

All of the windows have now been installed.  As for photos, well, we'll have to wait until all of the leaves, branches, animals and assorted Gods are put in place.  And Spring is calling :)

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

nice

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

That looks great with the glazing Augie !

But difficult to look to it ?

I mean....can you look from the inside to the outside......or the  other way around ?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Great looking windows.. post-76-0-43232300-1396208166.gifpost-76-0-43232300-1396208166.gifpost-76-0-43232300-1396208166.gif

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Happy to hear a few folks approve.  Actually, I need to credit the railroad modelers who apparently use this material a lot on their scale buildings.  Modelers are modelers !!!!

You can't see through it like window glass Sjors.  But half of the upper deck will be open the ship so there will be a clear view of what's inside.

Rich-  the modlings are just 1/16" sq. basswood, scribed with a scraper I described about 20 pages back (a series of them came with the kit).

Thanks all for looking in.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Looks great Augie. I used the same stuff to glaze the windows on my re-built stern windows. I think it gives a really nice "antique" glass look.