Problem adding text below a photo

Go to solution Solved by Dr PR,

I have recently had issues adding text below a photo. After inserting the photo into the post, I then move the prompt below the picture in order to add a caption. However, the prompt immediately moves to left hand side of the picture at the middle of the picture. I have never had this issue before and hope that you can suggest a workaround. 

Cheers,

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

• Solution

If you click on the picture you will see options for the position of the picture in the column (left, right or nothing) and to change the size of the picture.

If you put the picture to the left margin the text will wrap around the right side. I just enter Carriage Returns (ENTER key) until the cursor moves below the picture.  Always put a blank line (ENTER) immediately after the picture.

This behavior changed a bit a couple of years ago with an upgrade of the forum software, so some old posts may have  some misplaced text around pictures (they need the extra blank line below the photo).

Always save the post and then look at it. You may have to edit it (click on the three vertical dots at the upper right of the post, and select "Edit") to add an additional blank line or two to get the text to the position you want it.

Phil has a good work around.  Mine is to do  a couple carriage returns, move the cursor to the top and insert photo.   Then add a CR or two and carry one with the text.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys and thanks for your suggestions. I am still having difficulty inserting the caption below the photo but have found a suitable solution. I move the photo to the left margin and insert the caption midway down, beside the photo. I'm not sure why the previous method no longer works, but hey, this works just as well.

Cheers,

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/15/2023 at 4:54 AM, Dr PR said:

If you click on the picture you will see options for the position of the picture in the column (left, right or nothing) and to change the size of the picture.

I can´t see the option to change the size of the picture? I can see the option to adjust its location (left, center or right) but I don´t see the option to change the size of the picture.
As you can see in the snip below, the picture is highlighted and it says the adjustment is to the left, but I don´t see any option to change the size there? Where it says "Size" on the left is just for the size of the text, not the picture.

image.thumb.png.ae79bdd52497704730297e94ed25f9b7.png

Micha

Edited by Scottish Guy

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

19 hours ago, James H said:

When you insert a photo, Hold down SHIFT and then press RETURN for the next line of text to fall immediately after a photo.

Hi James, thank you for the answer, but it still doesn´t allow me to set a size of the picture. Am I right to think that I would have to reduce the size of the shown picture before adding it to the thread? Which means the picture is smaller in size already and therefore smaller. I know that this means as well that details might get lost since reducing the size also means reducing the accuracy of the picture (except when cropping it).

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

20 minutes ago, Scottish Guy said:

Am I right to think that I would have to reduce the size of the shown picture before adding it to the thread?

No, you can add photos full-size and resize them afterward. That's what I do -- create the post first, then resize the pictures before submitting it. To pull up the resizing tool, you simply double-click on the image.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

1 hour ago, ccoyle said:

No, you can add photos full-size and resize them afterward. That's what I do -- create the post first, then resize the pictures before submitting it. To pull up the resizing tool, you simply double-click on the image.

Thank yiu for that Chris. I tried to find the buttons for the resizing, never ever thought about double click the image to resize them :)

Micha

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a