understand plans

Woodshipguy

Hello, and welcome to MSW.  You should open a log for your Rattlesnake.  Look at the logs for the Rattlesnake , you find a bunch of snake bitten builders that will help you on your journey  . Good luck and ask away, that way you will get an answers 

Bob M.     :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

19 minutes ago, Woodshipguy said:

forgot to ask how do i go about starting a build log?

Short answer:

Start a new topic in the appropriate 'build logs'  sub-forum:  View from MSW home page:

image.png.4b9106b5b3262dc7c81b854410358b8c.png

The title should be in the format of "Name of ship/boat - your user name - manufacturer - scale.

Here's the link that may help.  Link.  

Also add tags to help others searching for specific models that have been built or that's a work in process.  Terms like the ship's name and maybe manufacturer.  Think in terms you would use if you were looking for a particular ship or subject.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to MSW. 

Edited by robert952

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

11 hours ago, Woodshipguy said:

i appreciate it im in the learning process i will try not to ask too many stupid questions lol. i been a modeler since i was a kid mostly plastic kits so this is a new step for me 

For what it's worth... the only stupid question is one left unasked.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi woodshipguy,

on the same or a seperate sheet you`ll find another drawing called "section B".

Your drawing shows the x-z plane. "section B" shows a fraction of the x-y plane at a particular hight indicated by the horizontal lines next to the letter "B"

The arrows indicate the side of the intersected object, that`s shown in the section drawing.

I guess that you`ll see a taper beginning at the bearding line, the dashed-dotted one, ending at the stern post and keel.

The taper compensates for the thickness of hull planking so the garbord and plank ends at stern hit the sternpost and keel flush, without recess.

I´m familiar with drawings due to my profession. If I wasn`t, then they`d be a mystery to me, too.

Michael