EdT

Young America by EdT - FINISHED - extreme clipper 1853

I have been reading this log from the very beginning and am currently on page 49 (November 2015) but I saw that it has been tagged as "Finished" so I just had to jump ahead and add my congratulations to the long list. Well done!

I just opened my email and my inbox was full of notifications 😀, so I'm going add one more!

A wonderful build and a fantastic log. 

Congratulations!!

Definitely a log to visit and visit again, and again....

All the best,

Richard. 

Hi Ed

I want to say for me its been a "tour de force" of technique, master craftmanship and sharing that has kept me awed during your build - For me your build log is an unbelievable treasure trove of learning and I would like to thank you for the journey. Cheers Pete

It’s all been said already Ed, so I’ll just add another voice to the throng. Thank you for an inspirational journey - this truly is a masterpiece of modelling.

Such a superb Model Ed, I'm a bit of a lurker but have truly enjoyed following this build.  One in a million, I hope you plan on displaying her somewhere that gets the foot traffic she deserves.  A beautiful model, simply beautiful!

Ed, thanks so much for another master class in ship model building. You set the highest bar for the rest of us, but show us step by step how you achieve it. Can't wait to hear about your next project!

Mark

Well. it would be an understatement to say I am overwhelmed by all these most generous comments.  It is also nice to hear from those who have been regular but silent followers.  I wish I could individually  thank everyone for the more than 35 comments and 50+ likes after the last post.  Every one of them is well appreciated.  Perhaps one more photo would not be amiss.

_dsc3019.thumb.jpg.8f9608e59420495c77c89374a9064b71.jpg

Thanks again, everyone, for all your support throughout the project.

Ed

Thanks Edt.

I have been following both threads and both are master pieces. I hope one day that I will be able to build such beautiful masterpieces, until then I am learning.

Waiting in anticipation of the new build. Hope it will be a French build.

Andre

Posted (edited)

A masterful example of the modelling craft Ed, what a joy it has been to follow this build.  She looks GREAT!  As you said, the last 10% is always seems the most tedious but your attention to detail has paid dividends.  Bring on Vol 4 :)  there is a vol 4 isn't there - can't get all this wonderful work in just 3 volumes ;) 

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN