King of the Mississippi by dragzz - Artesania Latina - scale1/80

this is my frist wood kit i know its a bit much for me but my dad got it for my brithday so here i go . i will need lots of help with this one . so far what i did is dry fit the keel nothing is glued yet .but in the pic u will see looks like to me that the keel is warped or is it just my bad eyespost-2052-0-55060200-1378397890_thumb.jpg

hello dragzz

try putting the keel on a flat surface and see if there is any warping

now the way the bulkheads fit in you should be able correct it easily

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

just check the keel for warp and glad its not warped so now iam going to glue the keel in place

o now i have the keel glued in place and there is no warping so far that i see that all good all i got to do is put the frames and knightheads in there place post-2052-0-01163300-1378453090_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-53491800-1378453127_thumb.jpg i will update when frames are in place

Hi Dragzz - I'm in the middle of building one of these myself, been working on it sporadically for the past 6 months. It's not a particularly difficult build, but there are some challenges to it. Instructions are pretty sparse, but pictures in the manual are good. Just take it one step at a time and have fun with it. 

Steve Barth

Douglasville, Ga. USA

Current build:     AL King of the Mississippi

Previous builds:  Midwest Skipjack

MS Pride of Baltimore

MS Bounty Launch

Bluejacket USS Monitor

Bluejacket CSS Virginia

hello  barth one thing i know for sure there great poeple here to help me if i needit  and iv got  all the time in the world i cant work now more so this is the next best thing lol iam going to take my time

ok now what i have done is glued the frames is there  place but did not get the knightheads in place yet will do that some time today  but so far its going really nice so far just 1 step at a time iam doing  hope u like it so far if u see something  i have did wrong ples let me know thy allpost-2052-0-18151800-1378491570_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-18326900-1378491624_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-62485400-1378491662_thumb.jpg

opps  i just saw that i forgot to glue the last frame lol   going to get that one in place berfor i do kightheads  

Darn, I thought that I posted here earlier.  Nonetheless...great to see you working on a project, dragzz.  That is a lovely paddlewheeler!  I tried to build it many, many years ago but failed miserably.  I can see that you will have better success than I did.  Enjoy the journey!

Bill

Current build Andrea Gail (Billings)

tys bassic  iam haveing so fun building it so far  update real soon

Looking good!

Steve Barth

Douglasville, Ga. USA

Current build:     AL King of the Mississippi

Previous builds:  Midwest Skipjack

MS Pride of Baltimore

MS Bounty Launch

Bluejacket USS Monitor

Bluejacket CSS Virginia

going to need some help here the nighthead for the upper stern is not going right at all in the pic u will whats going on i just did a fry fit and there a fair size gap cant move it any more not to sure what to do here cant some help out ple post-2052-0-11014300-1378519541_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-61990900-1378519574_thumb.jpg

looks like i got the upper stern night head fixed what a pain in the u know what lol   it was warped so what i did used some water on it and watched a video on overbending it and it fixed it here what it looks like nowpost-2052-0-22983600-1378528950_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-79473000-1378528983_thumb.jpg

o ya its a blast i still got my hair on my head so iam doing good for now lol

here now u can see i have the knightheads in place now next step to sand the knightheads to put the deck on to hope all goes well  post-2052-0-38066100-1378568213_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-30086900-1378568244_thumb.jpg

Hello Dragzz,

This is a nice schip, i have started today with the build of King of Mississippi.

Success with the construction of your schip.

Robert

Current builds:
Prins Willem - Corel
H.M.S. Victory - Deagostini

Complete Project: San Fransisco II Artesania. / King of the Mississippi Artesania

hello rob so u are doing the same one as  me is the kits an al kit just make sure u check for warped parts  rembers  check 2 times  glue once   thats what iv been doing  good luck to u

going well dragzz

i actualy didnt put in thos 2 reinforcements at the bow as i filled the whole front with a piece of balsa to make it easier

adr   did not know that u can do that i just thot go by what the book says iam still leaning  tys i wil rember that for next time

so now u can see that i have sanded upper stren  and the front knight heads for the next step this model is a lot of work but u know at the end of it i will be so proud of what ia have done that what i like  post-2052-0-38927800-1378677429_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-34752100-1378677478_thumb.jpg

now i have both sides just about done thay time to dry  then on to the next step fun fun its looking real good so far post-2052-0-67719000-1378711975_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-78607900-1378712015_thumb.jpg

starting on deck planking this part going real slow never thot it go this slow lol slow is the best way to go here a pic    post-2052-0-23865000-1378972592_thumb.jpg

looking very nice Dragzz...planking is going to look nice when you get it finished.  I usually work it from the center....out.  this way the gaps can be better kept in check.  did you used to subscribe to plastic models plus?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

i was thinking of starting from the center  dont know y i did not this my frist wood kit for me   and no i did not subscribe to plastic models plus

drawing lines on the deck wil also help you keep it all straight because it is very easy to wander if you ar enot careful . ask me how i know ^_^

i did draw line one right down the center then doing lines as i go so i dont wander off left or right