King of the Mississippi by dragzz - Artesania Latina - scale1/80

so what i have done is just made it a be longer so i still use that slot u will see in the pic i checked that with the next deck as well it fits ok let me know what u thinkpost-2052-0-09293400-1379819375_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-70943400-1379819404_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-03643500-1379819439_thumb.jpg

at least i got the slots in the deck all right now so now working on the borler room and stuff this going to be fun lol on i go i guess    post-2052-0-54016400-1379822973_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-91041900-1379823012_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-80980800-1379823047_thumb.jpg

thank u rob doing the walls is hard to put on the strips right

just started one of the rooms  it going slow but looks good so far now its time for the doors is u see something wrong ples let me knowpost-2052-0-36494500-1379954511_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-54385100-1379954541_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-89888700-1379954572_thumb.jpg

the deck is not good at all look at the bend in this deck lol  this bad dont know if water going to work on this one  if u can help ples do    post-2052-0-15508900-1380262689_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-75273900-1380262731_thumb.jpg

hey Dragzz.........

bad thing about that deck platform.........perhaps some heat and hand manipulation will straighten it out.  if it can be flipped over and glued down,  you could weight it till it sets.

on the doorways......I think it would look better if that liner strip was all the way around the openning.  if it creates a problem with door fit,  they can always be sanded down to fit.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

tys for the info pop  as far for the doors there not done yet i will show pic of them when done

i got ot show u guys this now i feel like such dummy for doing this now in the pic u will see the pre cut door i was looking for i could not find it at all so i went build my own i send adrieke to help did not know what to do so he sent me a pm back and said there pre cut one so i looked again and then i found them lol after i put in 4hrs work in to makeing them i feel so dum now lol  tys for the help adrieke   post-2052-0-83292200-1380849476_thumb.jpg this pic is a pre cut onepost-2052-0-68625400-1380849536_thumb.jpg this is the one i send 4hrs building lol

dragzz dont worry . the ones you made yourself look really good and see it as the first steps in doing scratch building :)

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

thank u so much i cant get over i missed the pre cut one it just so funny to me lol

Try pouring some clear rubbing alcohol on the deck and pit it between two heavy books overnight with plastic wrap. Pretty sure that will straighten it out.

Casey

"I drank what?" - Socrates

Current Builds:  

Finished Builds: 

Future Builds:        

• Mamoli Golden Hind
  • Mamoli Black Prince
  • AL Swift

tys cdogg i got it in the clamps now i got to wait till its all dry befor i take them out its going well for me right now tys for the info

ok i got the doors i build done  now time to install them that turned real good the door are made fro scrach frist time for me came out wel i thing here a pic of them post-2052-0-62840500-1380956488_thumb.jpg scrach build doors frist time

they look great Draggz!    as for which ones to use........well,  if they are to be open,  I'd use the scratch made ones....might show the door frames.   it's up to you my friend........you've done very well  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

tys but it wont show the frame it the same on both sides of the doors lol  i thot about that befor i build them tys for the info pop

well as u can see in the pic got thos doors done what a pain with thos hinges thes nails that can with the kit was to big had to drill the hinges to make then fit  but got it done i think thay look great for scratch  build doors  here s the pic of it post-2052-0-98942000-1381042028_thumb.jpg

nicely done Draggz  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

tys u so much popeye  took a long ime to get it done but the out come was great  now on to the next step

well both rooms are now glued down so far it looks good cant wait to start the sec deck get it going here the pic of where iam at nowpost-2052-0-20653300-1381128775_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-43872600-1381128790_thumb.jpg

very nice dragzz

and did I see correct you have successfully bend the wave breaker at the front ?

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

yes adrieke i did bend it how i did it was put in hot water for 30mins  then  bend used take to hold it while it was drying the put glue on it then tape to hold till it was done and never did break frist try and np 

ok so here is whats going on right now iv been trying to get the 2 deck flat for over a week now . this deck had a vary bad warp to it trying to it right so i will try it this for 3 time now here the pic of it post-2052-0-31438100-1381295789_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-19033500-1381295804_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-25853300-1381295817_thumb.jpgpost-2052-0-70157800-1381295831_thumb.jpg

Hi Dragzz, On past projects (not ships) If warping is a problem I would lightly spray both sides with water, then clamp the part between two stiff pieces of board and clamp the together for a couple of days.

Best wishes

Jimbob (Richard)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

yes jim iv done that  it keeps going back to the same bend and then i tryed to over bend it and did the same thing so iam trying this to see what it does it is not glued yet will see what happens when its dryed

I just finished step 6, and am starting to do the first deck planking.  I love the build logs as they are a great help.

I am a bit confused with the wood types.  My instructions color book shows a coral wood type that is not called for in the printed instructions, and in the printed instructions they list basswood which is not pictured in the color instructions. It appears that what they are calling basswood should be Ramin wood?  I am not sure what the Coral wood matches up with in the instructions if anything.  This is only my second build. First build was the Constructo albatross. 

could also be Obechi wood....real cheap Africcan wood.......very rough stuff.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: