Dan Vadas

Before you post your build log please read this - Starting and naming your build log

Hello, does anyone know how to put words directly under a photo after the photo is uploaded. Thanks!

Edited by Stuntflyer

the coast guard characterizes anything under 65' in length as a "small boat", and has no name. Above that length are "cutters" which are named. Confusingly, the old 82 footers, as well as the 87 footers and 110 footers are referred to as "patrol boats", but are named cutters, since they are longer than 65'. For instance hull # WPB 1322 is USCGC Cuttyhunk. W=Coast Guard PB= Patrol Boat        USCGC= United States Coast Guard Cutter   ;) Anyways, I'll use that as a guideline for my build logs

I would like to start a build log but I don't know where to start.  I've read the instructions on the naming conventions but where to I create the log.  I've resized all the photos to 1200 x 1600 using FastStone.

Ralph

Hello again Ralph, what is your build ? Kit or Scratch ?

Anyway if its ; 

Kit Build  --> http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/10-kit-build-logs-in-progress/

Scratch Build --> http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/11-scratch-build-logs-in-progress/

Click on the "Start New Topic" button on the right-hand side above the Index.

Hope I helped a bit. Waiting to see your build,

Bugra.

Ralph,

Go to the log area (Kit or Scratch) and at the upper right hand side is "Start New Topic".  Click it.  Give your log a title and you are  on your way.

I think the item is being used as, The small is not being in as REAL small builds but in the model world be like the size like a build should have a length of," say "the" Phantom"  like 13 1/2 " or  maybe even with a build is 18"-20" . If I'm not mistaken.  

I think the item is being used as, The small is not being in as REAL small builds but in the model world be like the size like a build should have a length of," say "the" Phantom"  like 13 1/2 " or  maybe even with a build is 18"-20" . If I'm not mistaken.  

Nope, the opposite - it means "Small" as in real life small. Like anything under about 40 or 50 feet (but there is no EXACT limit).

:cheers:  Danny

I finished the Virginia Swift Pilot Boat for another person.  I spent well over 100 hours re-working the boat.  I will post a picture as soon as I get one. Now I am starting one of my own from a kit.  Will post progress on this one. dgreen10

I started a new built thread here yesterday, but I can't add more pictures to it today.  The title is :1/96 scale Revell plastic model kit English man'o war.  Can anyone help me fix this. 

Niels,

Are trying to add pictures to an existing post or to a new post?   Try going to the bottom of the page to "reply to this topic" and hit "more reply option" and go from there.   There's a limit of 10 pictures to each post and the way the logs work is for you to add replys as needed to add new pictures, steips, etc.

I am trying to copy my old Montanes build log from Word 2013, and I can't seem to paste the text that I just copied.  What am I doing wrong?  I highlight the text, Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V on the Reply to This Post, and nothing happens.

Sir Charles,

Check your IE version.  If it's 11, roll it back to 10.  Seems that 11 has some "issues".

Okay another problem just came up.  All my posts on the Montanes build log before tonight displayed the uploaded pictures in the order that I uploaded them.  Tonight the two posts I did displays the photos in reverse order.  What setting do I need to check to fix this?  I really hate thinking backwards when I am uploading pictures.

Yes, Wayne answered my Montanes build log question, funny thing is I started clicking that button when I first started to repost that build log, and then for some reason I stopped, but the pictures loaded the correct way, then suddenly they were reversed order.  Now I understand and won't miss that button.

Thank you much.

So where do I go exactly to start a new build log???

Right here in this forum.  Just go to the main index of the sub-forum where you see all the build logs listed, and click on the "Start New Topic" button.  Name it according to the guidelines in this thread, type up your post and add whatever photo's you want, click post, and your build log is started.

Enjoy!