Dutch Two-decker by SuperSylvester - 1/50 scale - from plans of Heinrich Winter's Hohenzollern model

Hello everyone.

Hereby I will restart my build of the Hohenzollern model by the plans/book of Heinrich Winter.

The project was started late 2009 based upon the plans of the Mamoli-Friesland kit but I changed

over to Winter's one. 

Jack is the name, The Netherlands my homecountry.

I will not post updates from the past, I start with new pics the way she is now.

(for those interested in the start of the project I can give a link to a Dutch forum if you like)

The latest update from the stern, not the easiest part

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Jack

Excellent work.......very impressive.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Hello Jack,

Excellent work you did! It would be great if you could post the link for the Dutch Forum.

Cheers, Daniel

Cheers,

Daniel

In dockyard: HM Colonial Schooner for Port Jackson (scratch), HM Armed Vessel Bounty, HM Cutter Sherbourne

Next builds: HMS Victor 1797 & Gannet 1814 Cruiser class sloops, ship and brig rigged (scratch)

Thanks for the link, Jack.  You've done some amazing work  on your ship.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Struggling with the moveable windows, I just can't get it right. The windows are too heavy in my opinion.

IMG_2479.jpg

Alternatively I decided to close the 2 center windows en let the outside windows just open. (this is what Dik (7-prov) also assumes.

IMG_2480.jpg

I'm still not sure if I leave it this way but I have to go on with the 'Kajuit'

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

Still a lot of work to be done.

Jack

Thanks Matti.

The Captains room (Kajuit)

IMG_2482.jpg

Tjerk ordered himself a package from a well known 17th century furniture shop, that will keep him busy for a few hours:

IMG_2483.jpg

I'm proud of him, he even used all of the screws.... (or they ended up at the bottom of the sea :P )

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

Jack

Leaded glass windows are difficult to imitate. My solution was to take thin acrylic sheet and score it with a sharp knife for the lead cames. I then rubbed dark grey acrylic paint into the scores. The result is shown here.

post-635-0-45924400-1380717594_thumb.jpg

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Hi Jack,

your work is amazingly beautiful, I love the colors you have used.  Can't wait to see more!

John

future build: to finish Mary Rose

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

completed builds:  Constructo Steam Launch Louise

Thanks mates.

Tjerk has discovered the internetshopping, the fool is decorating his room

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

View from the back window

IMG_2509.jpg

View from the 'zij-galerij'

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

The chest will have steel bands, they will be delivered later, as Tjerk said

IMG_2515.jpg

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"kardeelblocks"

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

More of the smaller stuf including 26 canons for the "verdek" - deck

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

I didn't want the captain to stare at his maps in the dark, so I brought him some lights

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

And finaly, I decided to make this piece (don't know the English word for it) which is absent in Winter's model.

But, I didn't like the open version.

IMG_3731.jpg

I will keep you up to date more often, that's a promise...

Jack

Jack, there are some models on this forum that just epitomize the very nature of the essence of our craft, this is one of them. Awesome, well done, WOW!!