An unusual build log for the Cutter Alert

I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but while researching builds of the Cutter Alert, I came across this very interesting build which really is a scratch build, but not quite in the usual way.

It's based on the use of Sketch Up and is really just a CAD build, but it is done as though on site and stage by stage. You can see it at http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=333&t=33757&sid=f942299afdf93114ad1c504acb5c6417. Or, if you want to click, click here.

Sorry if the topic needs to be moved!

Tony

It used to be owned and given free by Google. It was then sold to Trimble who have a two-tier system. There is a free version and a version you have to pay for which has more features. You can find it by searching for 'SketchUp'. Wikipedia has an entry for the programme. If you want a direct link to the download site, click here. I believe most CAD programmes will do the same.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I know those post in SketchUcation. I am also a member there.
Those two post encouraged me too, to do modelling of ships in SketchUp.
(I don't think I'd like modelling cars :P)
SketchUp is available both in Free and Pro version. Whether when it still owned by Google or by Trimble.

Edited by Irwan

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

HOW CAN I LEARN TO DO THIS??  I use SketchUp for simple barns and storage buildings.  I wouldn't even know where to start with something of this level.  I had no idea something like this could be done with SketchUp.  Where can I find out about the method used for this extraordinary model?