Paul Salomone

DKM Scharnhorst by Paul Salomone - 1:72nd Scale German WW2 Heavy Battle Cruiser

Hello Kevin, :)

That is quite a good site. I browse that site from time to time, as they always add something new.

One of the most important things is research. for example - in 1:200 scale, items like control cables and electrical line must be present in the model. The 3D Bismarck site, show the fuse setter assembly, which was mounted on each side of the twin 105mm diameter anti-aircraft mounting. The image shows also the control and power wiring. In your scale that wiring is a must. A bit hard and delicate, I Know - but you will surely get the best out of your model my friend.

Hey Paul, I didn't know that the Scharnhorst had such large wooden doors  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :P

Very nice looking too and thanks for shipping the copper for my props.  I am patiently waiting for the arrival  :dancetl6:

Cheers,

Looking Beautiful Paul!  Congratulations!!

Those clamps of do not Know how many meters are astonishing. Are they handmade? What´s the length they can be opened? Amazing clamps.

Cheers.

Daniel.

Hello Paul, 

a belated new year to you and family,

been of the site for sometime hart problem   have had pace maker fitted, so on the up.. cheers Larry...

Edited by larry w

Hello all, :piratebo5:

a belated happy new year to all. Sorry for the long absence, but am still doing house jobs, they seem to be never ending. hope to have averything clear by next month, as I really miss my Scharnhorst, and the conversations with you guys.

see you all very soon.

I think it safe to say that many of us have missed the build log and are REALLY looking forward to seeing that amazing detail again - I almost got over the addiction and here you go teasing us again :)

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL..............cheers Larry...

Who was   78 on 6th Feb...................... :champagne:      

Good morning all, :piratebo5:

It feels good to be back - Oh Boy - Finally I am posting again.

First of all, many thanks for my birthday wishes.

Some more progress on the work boats.

Here goes.

I have also posted a couple of pics, showing my new working station. we import quite a lot of equipment, so I aquire quite of all sorts of timber, which is used for packing and boxing. A bit of recycling, but seems to be getting there. still have to attend to some finishing work on the drawers. But at least, I can get back to work.

the frames of the boats are made from the usual styrene plastic sheets, using the 1mm thickness, accompanied by my companions - the Ever green styrene strips.

Just one question. My work PC is equipped with the latest windows 8, I tried to post the pictures, by of course clicking on (Add to post), but with no success. Am I doing something wrong, or has it something to do with the windows 8 - as I heard that it's giving quite a lot of problems.

post-435-0-21501200-1397109119_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-36056900-1397109130_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-59286800-1397109141_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-05863300-1397109152_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-14449500-1397109173_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-08375900-1397109192_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you back again Paul!

Is the work bench a new one made by yourself? looks fantastic to make such a "tiny" pieces... clean a neat space to work on.

Happy modelling!

daniel.

Just one question. My work PC is equipped with the latest windows 8, I tried to post the pictures, by of course clicking on (Add to post), but with no success. Am I doing something wrong, or has it something to do with the windows 8 - as I heard that it's giving quite a lot of problems.

Hi Paul,

First off, fantastic build and looking forward to more updates now that you're going again.

As for the 'Add to post' problem, I had the same issue and it is caused by the latest version of Explorer. If you can downgrade one version it will allow you use the 'Add to post' functionality.

Paul,

Glad to see that you are back. Wish you luck with windows 8, I myself wouldn't touch that if they payed me to, but that is me. Try what Jim said and wish you the best.

Thanks guys, 

Glad to be back amongst friends.

Yes Windows 8 is a big pain in the XXX. my office computor is equipped with it, so I have to suffer, but at least at home, my pc is equipped with windows 7. So I should be able to post the pics in a better format.

Hello Daniel, - yes I made it out of boxing timber. I see that it is a real waste to see all that timber going to the scrap heap. I use it quite a lot. yes it is more laborative; but at the same time, looks like pine.

Brian, Jim, Wackowolf, kevin and Grant - thanks for looking in.

I heard the windows 8 was a problem anyway......I need to change from XP {but I hate to} I will either go to Vista or W7. I recently changed my browser.....too many pop ups......but I'm much better now! :)

it's so good to see your back.....I was missing your wonderful work!

Hi Paul

It’s great that you’re back and working again on your beautiful monster.

(@ Popeye: do yourself a favor and go to W7. Vista is far worse than W8.)

Cheers

Peter

Welcome home, mate!  Looking forward to more of your superb progress.