Bismarck by Kevin - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 - PLASTIC

Those guns..... Incredible weapons. My neighbour served in a minesweeper clearing the beaches for the D day landings. I can't seem to get him to tell me much about his days at war but the sound of those truly big guns shooting overhead to bombard the beaches prior to the landings must have been just awesome.

Hi Kevin Great build so far :0)

My 1:200 bissy arrived last week but with a pontos detail kit ........... How in gods earth your supposed too work out the instructions I'll never know lol

I have had no problems with the Kit instructions, the PE kit one are just photos with numbers on - which most of the time bear no resemblance to the PE it's self, and there is far more PE than shown - so no doubt i will spend ages trying to work out where some of it should have gone 

found my first problems with the actual kit today, part of the crane frame work supports were not molded correctly and different sizes, lol - i had to scratch them

all the turrets are now built -as as mentioned now the cranes are getting my attention try and post some photo's tomorrow

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

good evening, all the big turrets are completed, apart from PE, never managed much today, but never mind the SUN came out - better still - it never wained

post-846-0-05554500-1398405345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Pretty formidable looking piece of military hardware !!!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Looking good there Kevin (is that a 'Selfie' at the end there? :) )

Eamonn

isnt a selfie taken by your self - lol - but yep that me

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I just didn't really realize how big that beast was until the last photo.   Looking good, Kevin.   Both you and the ship.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

good to see the progress you've made on her.........keep'em coming!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Kevin, as a kid, I was fascinated with the Bismarck, the fleet battle and even met a fellow that served in the R.N. on the Hood up 'til a couple of years before she was lost. You're doing a great job and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project. As for airbrushing, most of the painting on my build has been with the airbrush. Have a great day,

Cheers,

Rowan D.

Gents just a quick question .... Well 2 really

1) the vents in the hull do the replacement PE sit flush with the hull or sunk in ??

2) I'm going too start on the bonus main gun kit first and was wondering , are the shells different colours ie shore bombardment to armour peircing ??

Absolutely loving your build Kevin

Gents just a quick question .... Well 2 really

1) the vents in the hull do the replacement PE sit flush with the hull or sunk in ??

2) I'm going too start on the bonus main gun kit first and was wondering , are the shells different colours ie shore bombardment to armour peircing ??

Absolutely loving your build Kevin

the scale of the inlets  is incorrect, but i have been following other builds where they are slighlt recessed recessed, i may put another level on in another direction before they are painted the same colour as the hull, and this mill hopefully let them appear flush to the hull

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 months later...

Good evening everyone

Some Bismarck done today, the deck is on, and a lot easier to fit than anticipated, i then toned it down with a Flory dark dirt wash, im happy with the results, please let me know what you think

post-846-0-52958900-1397935866_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-19974700-1397935869_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-08028200-1397935872_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-94269200-1397935874_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I like it!!!!!  A very nice weathered look on the deck.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

being a water based wash - i can still adjust it should i so wish, but i have to be carerful that it does not make the deck to wet and get under the adhesive

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Impressive, indeed!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

looks very nice Kevin!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Fantastic work Kevin !!!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Nice deck! Have you maybe considered an alcohol based wash? You can experiment on your own with rubbing alcohol and India ink, or you can buy pre-mixed ones. Hunterline makes various mixes with different tones, I've used their stuff with good success. Using alcohol reduces the risk of warping.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Nice deck! Have you maybe considered an alcohol based wash? You can experiment on your own with rubbing alcohol and India ink, or you can buy pre-mixed ones. Hunterline makes various mixes with different tones, I've used their stuff with good success. Using alcohol reduces the risk of warping.

Andy

no Andy i had not considered that, this being a water/clay wash did have its problems though, as it had to be dapped with paper to remove any surplus as it got under the deck and lifted in places, but when i checked last night it had all dried ok,

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished