rig port stun boon

general tidy and touch up - ongoing

mast tops

Flags - to be redone as the one i had had fraying

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Wonderful, Kevin.  Just about to the finish line and looking great.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

you've made some really great progress Kevin :)   she's a stunning vessel to be sure!  I think that by the time you can truly hang the completed sign on her,  someone will be following you with hankies........the feeling of her being finished might be a bit overwhelming.  I remember how I felt when I finished my first project........now,  after several.........eh,  not so much ;)    your labor of love really shows....she's a sweet look'in vessel!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

thank you for the comments and likes, i never got so much done on her as i wished at the weekend, have got quite engrossed in PC Game World of warships, but a few rope coils have been made and placed into position

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 hours ago, Wallace said:

I know that game Kevin! I actually don't play anymore but I do know how enticing it can be 😏

yes but i dont like pay as you play games so i doubt it will last long

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I'm a game nut too.......mostly sword and bow.....  Divine divinity,  diablo,  and Gothic are three of my favorites.   I tried the on line games,  but I can't see buying the game and then having to pay to play on line with it.   there are a few simulator games out there....I'm sure that there are naval sims out there.   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I used to like space invaders.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 2 weeks later...

i am for now calling the build FINISHED

i needs a to build the stand in the form of number 2 dock in Portsmouth, for which i am collecting reference material, as a result of doing this i am going to delay putting any more rope coils on incase any lines are damaged during the transfer, when done i will do the final reveal

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

On 5/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, Kevin said:

Congratulations Kevin!  It's been a pleasure to have been alongside you as you've worked on this wonderful build.  I feel like I've gone through several home renovations with you too!  Just today I was looking for something quite specific on the build and browsed through your entire log again looking for it.  Didn't get any work done on my Victory, but enjoyed a lovely couple of hours looking at yours!

Patrick

20 minutes ago, Patrick Haw said:

Congratulations Kevin!  It's been a pleasure to have been alongside you as you've worked on this wonderful build.  I feel like I've gone through several home renovations with you too!  Just today I was looking for something quite specific on the build and browsed through your entire log again looking for it.  Didn't get any work done on my Victory, but enjoyed a lovely couple of hours looking at yours!

Patrick

lol i still look at Gils and wish mine was as good as his

did you find what you were looking for?

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Patrick,

Of course I hope you know I was kidding.  Anyway, Thanks for your comments and I hope I didn't take anything away from Kevin's fantastic build.

Best,

Jerry

congratz on finishing your Victory...........even the ship's name says it all  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nicely done!  Congratulations!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

I hope you'll either add to this log or open a new one for the display, Kevin.  The dock will be interesting to follow.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I hope you'll either add to this log or open a new one for the display, Kevin.  The dock will be interesting to follow.

I follow what Mark has said  - I will continue to comment and cant wait to see you build the dock around her.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Thank you for the comments

of course i will post the dock progress but will have to wait until i get a holiday, hope to get a week of in July or August when i also need to put in 60' of fencing as well as ours got storm damaged, i have however got lots going on with the trawler build

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

well done sailor, very very well done.

mort 

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

• 1 year later...

What an incredible build, Kevin. I salute you for toiling through all that rigging. I would have gone cross-eyed before I got a tenth of the way in. I had the pleasure of taking a tour of Victory many years ago when I still lived in England. I have one question that is baffling me. If you look at the first photo of the real Victory, you will note that the aft section with all those windows (sorry, don't know the correct term) looks to be parallel to the deck, yet in the second photo of your model, it appears to be sloping down. is that an optical delusion lol?

Thanks for sharing your incredible journey.

Alan

94058841_HMS_Victory_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.thumb.jpg.5230b4d8863155b541112006be779f1a.jpgIMG_3894.thumb.JPG.240be36bfd1d60a50bb46774a3e7e7e1.JPG.5fa7cdc050764a2cc0f9b8bec26ea1c8.JPG

Current build, Disar Models - Altsu Mendi Basque Tugboat. Kits on hand for next builds: Victory Models - Scottish Fishing Vessel Fifie: Vanguard Models - Zulu 'Lady Isabella': : Mantu Models - Trotamares Motor Schooner. Finished, Chris Craft Runabout.

2 hours ago, English Rebel said:

What an incredible build, Kevin. I salute you for toiling through all that rigging. I would have gone cross-eyed before I got a tenth of the way in. I had the pleasure of taking a tour of Victory many years ago when I still lived in England. I have one question that is baffling me. If you look at the first photo of the real Victory, you will note that the aft section with all those windows (sorry, don't know the correct term) looks to be parallel to the deck, yet in the second photo of your model, it appears to be sloping down. is that an optical delusion lol?

Thanks for sharing your incredible journey.

Alan

thank you Alan its is indeed an optical illusion 

2019 02 february hobby victory (87).JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 months later...

congratulations to this excellent Model Kevin,

lovely work !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 months later...

Congratulations Kevin, you should be very proud of her and your fine craftsmanship.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

• 2 months later...

Beautiful job Kevin. Excellent build. 

-Brian

Current Builds:                                                                                                  Completed Builds:

Mississippi River Towboat Caroline N.                                                                HMB Endeavor: Artesania Latina

USS Constitution - Cross Section: Mamoli

Non-Ship Builds:                                                                                              HMS Victory - Cross Section: Corel

New Shipyard                                                                                                     King of the Mississippi - Steamboat: Artesania Latina

Battle Station Section: Panart (Gallery)

In Dry-dock                                                                                                       Chaperon - 1884 Steamer: Model Shipways  

USS Constellation: Aretesania Latina                                                                  USS Cairo - 1862 Ironclad: Scratch Build 

Flying Fish: Model Shipways                                                                               

im loving the interest on a build i completed 18 months ago

Thank you

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• The title was changed to HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72