HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

good afternoon

day off work today, with intentions of progressing the hammock netting, progress was slow but i am getting the hang of it now, i tried wire, but the brass didnt work for me, so i reverted to 0.5 black thread and cotton

post-846-0-02823600-1413298259_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-27544300-1413298261_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-48481500-1413298264_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-96900200-1413298266_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-61835800-1413298268_thumb.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

i may redo them, as the quarter deck looks quite heavy, the poop deck looks ok in real life, sorry about the poor pictures

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Looks just fine from here Kevin.  You are the best judge for a redo and knowing you, it'll be great.  I personally like it just shy of perfect, then it looks being used, if you understand what I mean.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

at a guess I am now 1/2 way through my build, and thoroughly enjoying it again  although I have noticed that I have failed to port by total time time taken, will resolve that this weekend (approx. 1200 hours) hope to be finished about this time next year

the big decision on my next build has been taken, my decision not to go to scratch boiled down to not having the skills, and did not want to get disillusioned on attempting to do something out of my skill sets

I have no intention to buy immediately, me and mutli projects end in me doing nothing (I spend to much time wondering what bit to do next)

USF Confederacy is the build of choice

post-846-0-46384400-1413453001.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

She looking absolutely great mate, well done. Good fix with the hammock netting and they are looking better.

I don't agree with you about you not having the required skills to go scratch, if we don't try something out of your comfort zone then we never improve. How many times have you been disillusioned by a kit part and so have remade it, loads I bet, and I'll even bet you didn't give it a second thought.

You have the skill and ability, all you need is the belief.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

oh

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

One scratch build I had wanted to attempt was the 1/24 bomb vessel Grando  mid section - but they don't do the plans any more, after that I got more and more confused as to what to go for next, so talked my self out of it, especially when it came to purchases of milling machines 

idealy 1/24 with cabin details (not so much cannons would have suited me down to the ground), but was unable to find anything adapting a kit I donr think would have worked,

lol - everyone must think I don't know what I want

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

You can get the BV cross section plans in 1:48. If you want them in 1:24, just have them enlarged. I'm with Mobbsie on this point - all you need is a little belief.

Hello Kevin,

that "Victory" Looks fantastic, must be even better once the rigging is under way, shall stay tuned for more....

Well done !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

The trees that grow in the wind are always the strongest. You have had a very windy time as does anyone building a Victory. You don't lack the skill, but rather the confidence, but that is how it should feel when you are pushing the envelope.

Don't let your dreams become imagined nightmares, without reason. Your work on Vicky is proof enough that your ready for whatever you choose.

...and indecision is a natural part of this hobby, as there is just so much to chose from when thinking of future builds.

I have no intention to buy immediately, me and mutli projects end in me doing nothing (I spend to much time wondering what bit to do next)

USF Confederacy is the build of choice

The Victory is coming along nicely.

As to not buying immediately, remember that ME has everything on sale for 40% off through the end of October.  I'm not sure how often they do that kind of a discount, as I'm new to this hobby, but if it's rare, you might consider buying it now and putting it away to save $180.

had a few silly days recently with discussions over what to do next, one minute is this and then something different, some of the PM i have received have been very kind and i am very appreciative of that, so i am going to move over to the dark side on completion of my currant build 

http://www.dlumberyard.com/shipkits.html

feature-druid.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

the link i posted to lumberyard takes you to the Alfred, and not the Druid which is 1/4 scale - lol i never meant to cause confusion but have done so feature-druid.jpg

The HMS Druid is a 1776, 20 gun sloop of war. The Druid's seven sheets of plans are in 1/4 inch scale. rigging plans are included. This rigged model is 36 1/2 x 28 1/2 x 13 1/4 when completed. Laser cut parts include keel, keelson, deadwood, stem, stern post, transom, deck beams, rudder and framing jig. The milled stock is framing material, ledges, carlings, wales, sheet stock for cap rails, upper hull planking, hatch coamings and railings.

Photos are of the Druid built by Harold Hahn.

Timbering sets available in beech, boxwood, cherry, maple and swiss pear.

click on image below for a larger view

thumb-druid1.jpg thumb-druid2.jpg

shop.png PLANS.png

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good afternoon everyone

After the excitement of the new build coming up, it was back to the Victory and the hammock netting, 

the build as stated before will be in a diorama setting, so the used look continues to apply (lol my excuse for totally getting it all wrong - and looking shabby)

some of the netting looks like it needs doing again - but for now i am happy

post-846-0-44774800-1413731278_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-39539800-1413731281_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-68880600-1413731283_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-18123300-1413731287_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-89052000-1413731289_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-19759800-1413731293_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

G'day Kevin, I think you are going to have to rename her HMS Glorious, because thats how she is looking, and those photo's WOW, what settings do you use on our camera,

best regards John.

Canon EOS 350D with 18-55 EFS lens, with the automatic green zone setting the properties of the last photo are 

Fstop f/14

exposure 1/400 sec

iso 400

focal length 27mm

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

I'm thinking that as soon as she's rigged, you should hop in and sail her over the pond for a visit!! What do say?

Best,

Steve

steve, i doubt that anyone other than family and close friends will ever see her, and lol in a couple of months she will be to big to take out for daylight photo's

the stun booms when fitted will make her to wide to get through the garage door

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

After the excitement recently of my announced next build, its back to the Victory, although no pictures tonight, Dafi is to blame for having to go back to the the hull side steps to put the Ropes in 

Daffi build

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/page-54

Victory-side-entry_6661.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

After the excitement recently of my announced next build, its back to the Victory, although no pictures tonight, Dafi is to blame for having to go back to the the hull side steps to put the Ropes in 

Dafi is causing my Heller Victory to remain on the shelf for the time being...  I hope he know the consternation he causes!!! :im Not Worthy:

====================================

Currently building: Model Expo AMERICA, A/L KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI

Completed: Mamoli Victory cross-section, Revell LSM (Plastic, in memory of Dad), A/L SANSON tug, MS Longboat (awesome model Chuck!), Dumas 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Racing runabout, A/L SWIFT, MS ELSIE, Constructo ELIDIR (now LOUISE), Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Amati 1:80 Yacht ENDEAVOUR, Mamoli CONSTITUTION cross section, Revell VIIc U-boat (1:72 plastic), lotsa other plastic ships 

Next up: who knows - there are too many to choose from!

between dafi Grant and Gil, i will never finish mine either

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Oh please guys, go back to your builds :-)

One can never have enough Victorys!

Make Nelson proud, I know for sure each of you will do a great representation of this wonderful ship. 

And by the way, there are still some builds out there that could make me put my own one down ...

... but I will continue anyway ;-)

XXXDAn

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

good afternoon

photo of the hull steps ladder, maybe they would have looked better in hemp and possibly fitted to the steps rather than the side, but for know that's where they are

post-846-0-45156600-1414332606_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-26334900-1414332608_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Mizzen mast progress, and a few more outside shots

post-846-0-05587700-1414332889_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-06056100-1414332892_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-64038900-1414332894_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-05134200-1414332898_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-69614800-1414332901_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

And you question your abilities?  :)   Very fine work, Kevin.  Very fine.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)