HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

• 3 months later...

Happy Birthday HMS VICTORY, I hope to finish mine before it gets that old

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Okay Kevin,

That's enough slacking off on other modelling projects for now. It's time to get back into the shipyard and get on with Miss Vicky. :)

• 1 month later...

Well mark, see what you have done

I AM BACK

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

After eight months away - the cobwebs have been blown off the Vic and new sits back on the WIP bench - progressed a few other plastic model projects but nothing was finished (my life story), but this this project was always at the back of my mind, just lost the mojo 

anyway back to the masting - and placing the deadeyes in their representative strops on the fore mast lower top

hope now to catch up on some of the fantastic build logs here

post-846-0-38987300-1436043104_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-39916500-1436043105_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-01807200-1436043107_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hello kevin...and welcome back to HMS Victory land.

Good luck and please keep going.

Best,

Jerry

GREAT to see you both back.  Send some of that mojo my way.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Great to see you back Kevin and making some progress on your lovely Miss Vicky.

Great to see you back, Kevin.  I've heard mojo is contagious.  Given the summer doldrums have set in, I think we all can use some.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Good evening everyone

Thank-you for the replies 

well after a good hours dusting her off - i have reminded my self of all the bits that need to be done/ to be finished or re worked - lol the gun-port lids are not on any of them - im sure they were part of the reason for her being put to one side

the three masts continue to be worked on - i have still to properly define which parts are black, or yellow - 

post-846-0-35609700-1436115569_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-21951100-1436115572_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-93677600-1436115574_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-90344500-1436115576_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-05538100-1436115581_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-55790100-1436115583_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

good afternoon everyone

?, placing the blocks under the lower tops on the fore mast, what/how were they secured, were they arrarnged to convienietly fit into the step on top or were extra wooden blocks used to help secure them from being ripped out

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hello Kevin..

If I understand your question, which I'm not sure I do, I secured the blocks to the bottom of the foremast and mainmast tops with eyelets and CA cement.  I had no trouble with any of the blocks pulling out during the rigging.  I have attached a picture of the way I did it.  Incidentally, once the top is in place I would run thread through the blocks as they will prove very difficult to rig if you wait to long to do it.  David, (Shipyard Sid) gave me this tip and it was very useful.

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-86156700-1436282533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

ty Jerry you understood the question - however did you drill into the step above or just into the platform - i have found that drilling those six holes i have missed the step  and have holes in the platform - which can been seen from above

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Jerry i have found the answer

on the Real ship the rope that goes around the block is passed through the platform and a peg prevents in from dropping back out

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

Ok, thanks for the information about the pegs.  

I made sure that the tails of the eyelets were into the steps so they do not show at all.  I hope this has been helpful.

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-17388000-1436284244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

ty Jerry - oh by the way nice to say hello to you again after all this time - hope you and family are well 

i found this photo

post-846-0-40910300-1436284673_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Thank you, Kevin....We are all fine and hope the same for you and yours.  Nice photo...and one can see the tying of the underneath blocks.  I'm curious, where did it come from?

And as I said I adjusted the eyelets to make sure they entered the "steps" on topside so they're not visible.

I'm really happy that you are back "at it" .... I depended on your site a lot when I began building my Victory.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

ty Harvey - but lol i have not posted a picture yet

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hello Harvey.. I posted the picture and I used double blocks for the  outside ones.  

Best,

Jerry 

Greetings Kevin

And welcome back to the most enjoyable phase of the build. Prob telling you the road you know. I would belay rope coils around the masts and other areas before you start any of your rigging to make things easier at the latter stages. The gun deck also needs a few belaying. Good luck and really enjoy yourself..DAVID

Thank you Arthur, on Victory they sit in a different position - away from the brace like in the photo posted by Jerry above

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

thank you very much Arthur that is again exactly what i was looking for

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

http://www.pbenyon.plus.com/B_S_M/Blocks.html

just looking to see the best way to create the blocks that would pass through the mast tops

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Not much of an update, but decided to try and replicate the way the blocks are secured onto the lower top, these will be painted - depending on wether i change my mind and try some other way over night

post-846-0-86970100-1436548227_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished