HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72

Greetings Kevin 

Yep  well done with the spars, looks like they will soon be done. And onto the running rigging !!! The best bit.   Don’t forget the rigging gets in the way of all the coils you are going to fit around the deck.  That sail is to big. Keep up the good work . Regards DAVID

Edited by Shipyard sid
30 minutes ago, Shipyard sid said:

Greetings Kevin 

Yep  well done with the spars, looks like they will soon be done. And onto the running rigging !!! The best bit.   Don’t forget the rigging gets in the way of all the coils you are going to fit around the deck.  That sail is to big. Keep up the good work . Regards DAVID

Good evening David, agreed i will complete the spars hopefully in the next few weeks, and then try and do as much coil making done and fitted before access is to restricted

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, J T Lombard said:

Kevin:

What book do you show in your picture?

regards

J

7 hours ago, Wallace said:

It looks to me to be either The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships or The 100 Gunship Victory (also an anatomy book).

good morning 

The Anatomy of Nelson's Ships

by C. Nepean Longridge (Author)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anatomy-Nelsons-Ships-Nepean-Longridge/dp/1854861220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542099415&sr=8-1&keywords=the+anatomy+of+nelson's+ships

i have made quite a bit of progress on the build in the last week, the fore yard is not finished with just a few lines to find homes for and then the fitting is the stun booms

KZlVzVZ.jpg

ct8aatP.jpg

these are now fitted, 

bg6ZpLO.jpg

nbMmYLl.jpg

more lines being secured this time to the channel and secured inside the bulkhead

zhaYMTM.jpgxZdvL7R.jpg0eT9dJn.jpg

although still a lot of long loose ends most of the fitted fitted so far are now secured, i dont want to cut them just yet in case i have a need to remove them

3cJHopc.jpg

D0l7lG0.jpg

and a couple of how she looks tonight

xSGMfCI.jpg

qlPrBB3.jpg9fpPyZW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was gutted when i found out, as i had pinned all the yards to keep them in position, i realised when i was putting the leech lines in and thought, what stops the real spars from moving forward 

it is doable and i have now completed 2 of the 3 on the fore mast, 

But i am definitely suffering from not sticking to a plan and forgetting where i was over such a long term build, 

well i completed the fore mast lower yard truss pendants, and feel i have got away with it, 

deck blocks also forgotten, but dont appear on the plans anyway

IMG_3653.thumb.JPG.281df1931385048b955a35fe420fba12.JPG

rigging  them lines into position

IMG_3654.thumb.JPG.068de2b67004966737306a409a67b815.JPG

not the best phot but the yard is quite tight against the mastIMG_3658.thumb.JPG.b5177abac596fd09ce6883ac7fa3bf94.JPG

a large amount of lines have now been secured into position and secured, so looks a lot tidier, 

IMG_3660.thumb.JPG.b12f33886b1e07821ceceac45af1eadb.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

42 minutes ago, Sjors said:

Still no tomatosauce...😆

Looks great Kevin.

Its good for me that i’m doing something else for the moment when i se this.

Sjors

yes every time i look at reference books i se yet another line that could be put in, very little rigging on my next build

LOL im about to go and watch Master and Commander, and see even more things that have been left off

Hello Kevin:

I  just want to add my congratulations, not only for the fact that you came back to finish your build, but for the fantastic job you have done.  It was about six years ago when I was a young man of 80 when I started my Victory and  had the pleasure to consult with you often as we both (along with David, Shipyard Sid) were working hard on our respective builds.  My Victory has been sailing along, doing fine I might add, in its display case and has survived two long distance moves of about 1000 miles.  I look forward to whatever you do next and want you to know it's been good to have you as a friend,

Best,

Jerry