HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

For the record (and hopefully some clarity) I never refered to wabbits as anything other than noble wabbits. I was merely contrasting their helpfulness and guidance with the misleading information provided by the other rodent..

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

it's been another  busy day, Up at 0530, Normal time, work for 0730 to 1600, home by 1700  -

Won a War  4 wabbits and I  v Andy  realworkingsailor and all his ground hog friends -

tonight spent 1 1/2 hours on build - fitted the 5 port side channels with dead eyes, ready for the chain plates to be fitted on Wednesday

Tuesdays i go for a run and then fat club, been on a diet since start of the new year - lost 47 lbs so far - feel much better for it,

But lol come 2100 im ready for bed, and that's without looking at my on-line game, god i had so extra much time when i retired, only got a job to pay for my hobbies, now i don't have any time to do my hobbies

all the best

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Wow - you got out of that one, Andy!  Lesson learned - be vewy vewy nice to those wabbits.  they command large ships of war!

Kevin - awesome on the weight loss, sir!  And well done on the Victory as well!!!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Fog must be heavy over in Somerset.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I think Kevin's been kidnapped and stashed in the converted attic.  The wabbits are running things now.  Now where did I put those carrots... er... peace offerings?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Build time 812 hours

Not much to show this week, even though a long weekend (May Day Bank Holiday) only 4 hours was available to me, all the channels for the port side have be completed (2 of the 5) have been attached. 

All my trails and tribulations early on in the build, in getting everything set up right, are now paying off. It is making my life so much easier, as it all seams to a a refection (as should be to the stbd side)

post-846-0-19994800-1367857498_thumb.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Very nice.  The question is.....who's building this thing ---- Kevin or Wilbur?

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

i realised the build name was in my nick name of 30+ years, and the signature was my real name, since i left the RN the Wilber has not been used - so i am weaning my self away from it. To save any confusion - i changed the build to both, but seams to have back fired somewhat, i wonder if Dr Pers can help me

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Not to mention your new avatar.  Very unusual rendering of a submarine.  I like it.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Keith

I did 23 ½ years from 1974 starting in warships (HMS SHEFFIELD and HMS FIFE) then went into submarines in 1980 (HMS ODIN, HMS CHURCHILL, HMS REPLUSE, HMS SCEPTRE) I retired in1998 but rejoined again in2001 and did another 10 Years (HMS SCEPTRE and HMS VANGUARD)

I enjoyed my time but actually don’t miss it now, home every night and weekends, no duties or guns and in a routine, lifes good 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Glad to hear the earlier re-work is paying dividends Kevin - makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?

Looking great mate.

thanks grant,

in the early stages, i wondered if i would ever get it right, continually redoing everything - gun ports wales etc, wondering if i had bitten off more than i could chew, in such a expensive kit - at least any mistakes there are - is the same both sides

lol i have had to turn my plans back to front in front of a window to see through the paper to take measurements - i was finding it very strange working on the plans being back to front

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

A bit off topic but congratulations on your longtime service to your country.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Thank you Augie

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nice work on the Vic, Kevin.   I remember your aggrevations early on and yes, the time spent was well worth it seeing her now. 

Got a question... something I never understood.  Why would anyone go to war in a pre-sunk boat?   :D  :D :D   And this coming from a guy who joined the US Marines for 4 years in a time of war.  :P  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

lol, in time of conflict, i guess being in a pre sunk boat - has it's advantages

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Seems like I owe another 'thanks'......this time to Mark!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Good evening everyone

no update so far this week and not not now either, but my flag locker inserts arrived, dropped and email to Jotika/Caldercraft on Tuesday, and they arrived today

all the best

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

its been a quiet week so far, we have had more DIY work done, but i have the weekend off, so apart from going for a couple of runs, cleaning the wabbits out, FI qualifying and race, playing EVE i have Sat and Sun OFF

post-846-0-56027900-1368216090_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-01478900-1368216094_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-65055300-1368216097_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-91765400-1368216100_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-03970200-1368216104_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Very nice. What kind of a butt shift did you use? And how about the treenails? :-)

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Just a little sanding and you're done.  Mark can give you tips on using his Dremel rotary tool.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976