HMS Victory by ocean clipper - Caldercraft - 1/72

Nice work on the masts Derek, they look real good, but I think you'd better get your guns ready too! .... Sjors has been hinting ... you know what!!!!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 2 weeks later...

Now the fun starts !! Lookin good Derek.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Derek,

That's a long bowsprit you've got there…...

Easy to nock off so be careful please !

And now you go to the rigging stage?

Almost the finish line in sight  :)

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Now the fun starts !! Lookin good Derek.

Frank

Hi Frank actually i do find this stage of the build fun i enjoyed the riggin and masts on my supply to.Thanks for looking in .DEREK  :pirate41:

Hi Derek,

That's a long bowsprit you've got there…...

Easy to nock off so be careful please !

And now you go to the rigging stage?

Almost the finish line in sight  :)

Hello Sjors yes the bowsprit is a bit on the long side got to be carefull with it,have still got lots to do  untill i get to the riggin,also i have some unfinished jobs to go back to the buckets for one,plus a couple of others,i left some things of because i though there was good chance of  catching them with my sleeve at that stage.  DEREK :pirate41:

looking very good - i am only a year behind you

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Derek,

Andy is seeing everything…...

I think he watch the pictures with a magnifier  :D  :D  :D  :D

But it is good that he seeing it otherwise you find out when you are at the rigging part and it is maybe more difficult to change things.

Well done derek.

Good work on the bowsprit. You ahead of me on those masts. It's getting big now ain't it. I cannot see were its going in the house. It could well be a small greenhouse. Any way well done . Catch you later DAVID

Only place i can put mine is where i am building it just change work top for a decent top,but i need somewhere to build whatever comes next,i do not think asking the admiral for suggestions on where to stick is going to be very productive :dancetl6:

Nice work on the gammoning Derek.... looks real good..... smart move in not asking the admiral where to put it!! :D  :D

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Not much to show for my efforts of late,i have turned my hand to making the main mast yard and to imitate the metal band round the yard i have decided to use  styrene which looks ok but i have a adhesion problem,Ca and styrene  do seem to mix to well ok it sticks but after a while it unravels,i have tried holding the styrene down with clip but the chances of ant  clip getting stuck to the styrene are big,so take clip of styrene comes of,i think you can quess where this is going so any ideas on  clamping a round piece of styrene  safely.      DEREK  :pirate41:

post-14-0-19427400-1372753249_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-83042900-1372753258_thumb.jpg

Edited by ocean clipper

thats what i use for plastic

or humbrol poly cement

41N9GviDZRL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello young man

Looks like Lawrence will soon be catching us up, how are you keeping. Decorator has been and gone, was here about 8 days. And we put the new laminated flooring down before he went. It's a doddle with two putting it down, but pretty awkward doing it on your own. So it's tidy up time, cut the grass and back to rigging blocks, I think!!! But only a few hours in the evening, it's to nice outside to miss it . Catch you later. DAVID

Hi David yes you are right really hot nice though,just took all the  masonary paint of a dividing wall in the garden gave it a once over with me angle grinder and sanding pad on it,lots of dust so i was not very popular with the admiral,knocked some mortar up and went over it all with a float trowell repainting it tomorrow,meanwhile  butt on comfy seat feet on wall and hello cold beers. Not sure what temp is round about 30 (80) to 32 (90) DEREK