HMS Euryalus by egen -

Thank you very much for your attention!.

It is very supportive of the work. Build such a model is very interesting to myself and I hope that many people will start the ship at its shipyard

• 2 weeks later...

I need Help!

I want to ask experienced colleagues, could be a pump on Euryalus with the mechanism called "Taylor's Brake"?

They are shown in Pandora's anatomy book and look more interestingly that simple a pumps.
What do you think of such plan?

post-355-0-45710000-1374223679_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recently I was doing grating and would like to talk about a device that made my friend Sergey from Russia.

I think the principles of easy to see from the photos.
I myself could not do it out of iron, but I made out of wood and it works the same way.
I hope it will be useful to many.

post-355-0-03592700-1378482752_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-17256400-1378482760_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-48825700-1378482767_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-80612800-1378482774_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-06617500-1378482780_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-50315100-1378482785_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-30084400-1378482790_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-20744600-1378482795_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-53674500-1378482800_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-86659400-1378482807_thumb.jpg

post-355-0-35814200-1378482813_thumb.jpg

I like that.  A variable jig!!   Great idea.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Egen,

I do not have a definitive answer to your question on the pump, however, I will say that the only place I have seen the mechanism of the type in your scan is in the Pandora book.  Goodwin, Lavery and White (in Diana) show the simpler type.  I find it interesting that pumps are not specified in the ship's contracts of the period.  I assume from this that the Navy supplied and probably installed them in fitting out after launch.  I drew the same conclusion with reference to the stove - also omitted from the contracts.  This also suggests to me that some of these items may have been recycled from other decommissioned ships.  Like you, I would be interested in more definitive information, if anyone has it.

Ed

That jig for the JimSaw looks great, I wonder why Jim never thought of it, seems an easy adaptation of a zero clearance plate.

Thanks for showing it Egan.

Ben

• 4 months later...

Hello Egen!

Beautiful work as always. A table saw is one of the machines on my list for this year...

I am kind of "slow" so I have make a sketch to see if I have understood the idea of your device. Tell me if I´m right or wrong please. I´ll erase the post if you want. I do not want to confused the people...

post-87-0-29999100-1389518622_thumb.jpg

best wishes!

Daniel.

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered in this thread but I am a recently made ship enthusiast interested in also making a scale model of HMS Euryalus and the other ships that sailed the Potomac in the War of 1812. However I have not been able to find the height of any of the ships involved and have definitely not been able to find the height of HMS Euryalus. Would anyone mind telling me?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered in this thread but I am a recently made ship enthusiast interested in also making a scale model of HMS Euryalus and the other ships that sailed the Potomac in the War of 1812. However I have not been able to find the height of any of the ships involved and have definitely not been able to find the height of HMS Euryalus. Would anyone mind telling me?

Hi Ame

At the quarter deck the rail of the model sits 230mm above the keel, and a rough measure would suggest the main mast incl. top gallant extends another 840mm above that - or roughly 1070mm at 1/48 scale.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robbl

Current build: HMS Blanche 1800, Scratch POF

Thank you robbl, I now consider this place a miracle now that I have finally found it (I have been searching the internet for just that height for literally a month). May I ask about the height, and other measurements I have failed to find from the Potomac Flotilla here or should I create a new thread (If I'm allowed to create a new thread already)?

Once again thank you.

wonderful work, sorry i have not been following your progress up to now

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Egen,

In the Arming and Fitting by Brian Lavery he goes into these pumps in some detail.  Between several designs by Coles and Noble, there are at least two designs that could have been on Euryalus.  The last design by Coles was in 1803, but it was not successful and they were removed. 

Look at the contract in Volume I and you will see confirmation of what Ed T mentions above.  It specifically forbade inclusion of masts, pumps, and stove so without a bill of sale, bill of materials or some such paper work there is no telling what was installed. 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Friends.

I bring myself regrets that my work so strongly dragged on, but I didn't put the end to the work yet.

I still hope that I will be able to finish.

And recently I received the order for guns and I was so delighted that I am simply obliged to tell about this master and to show his work.
A little advertizing is only a small part that I can make that once again.
This is Dmitry Shevelev . We can see his works at the Russian forum as the ship modeller, or even met him in the championships on NAVIGA in Europe.

I will a little tell that it does cast models of white metal, completely covers them with copper and covers in black color.

I can't precisely express as it will be in English, but work is performed in due form. These are 100% a ready product, about $2,5 per gun.
You can specify all details, having written to it on mail on English language. His email is modelist69@yandex.ru
There is a possibility of delivery to other countries by means of EMS Russian the Post.

Thnks for photos by Piter

_01.JPG

_02.JPG

_03.JPG

_04.JPG

_05.JPG

_06.JPG

_07.JPG

_08.JPG

_09.JPG

_10.JPG