USF Confederacy by Bill Hime - Model Shipways - 1:64 scale

The book is set in the state of Iowa. Wisconsin is bordered north by Lake Superior and bordered east by Lake Michigan. Iowa grows corn, we make cheese and beer ;)!

Bill

Thanks Bill - guess I'd rather live in Wisconsin then ;)

Alright, update time:

Ordered, Pride of Baltimore II, last night. Suppose to be here by Thursday, 14th of November. I wanted to buy it from Model Expo but it is on back order :/!

So I went to Ebay. Found it there from a wholesale hobby dealer that appears after some scrutiny to have a good reputation. showed box open, all parts still in their separate packages, instructions, etc.. I paid $174 and some change that included shipping.

I pray it will arrive in tact and as advertised.

When she gets here, I will start a separate build log for the Pride of Baltimore!

Status Confed: Waiting to see what happens if anything with sale prices for the upcoming holidays. Either way, it will be purchased no later than January.

(Wisconsin winters are long ;))

Warm Regards,

Bill

Passion is Patience...and I am a carpenter in any scale.

Current build;  Endurance - 1:70 scale, Occre

Current build;    H.M.S. Surprise - 1796, 1:48 A L

Hi Bill and Sateash, and a (belated) warm welcome to MSW to you both. Great to see a couple that are so motivated in this hobby together :) .

I don't know if you've done a Search for all the other Confederacy Build Logs on this site, but there are quite a few, both in Kit Builds and Scratchbuilds. There will no doubt be a few tips you can pick up from them.

Happy Modelling.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Thank you Danny for the warm welcome!

We are truly enjoying this journey together! What wealth of knowledge and new friends MSW has already provided. We are on board for the long hall!

Warm Regards,

Bill & Sateash

Wow that is some set up - although her that must be obeyed might not agree. My Admiral doesn't mind the hobby just the space it takes up!

I was banished to the spare room from the dinning room. Apparently it upset the balance in the house. Mind you I think I have the last laugh as the second cable TV box is also in the spare room. So I can watch the football (soccer) and watch the glue dry :D

Good luck with your build(s)

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable 

Erycina - Vanguard Models

Finished: HM Bomb Vessel Granado - Caldercraft, HMS Pegasus - Victory models, Nisha - Vanguard Models

Goodmorning everyone!

Update;

This USF Confederacy build log will been put in ordinary status until January. I've started what was suppose to be my "side build" the "Baltimore Clipper/ Pride of Baltimore" while waiting to see what kind of ME discounts and Santa might be thinking.

So the C.W. Hime Shipyard has opened. Please come join me on my build log, "Pride of Baltimore, Model Shipways 1:64 scale by Bill Hime".

Warm Regards,

Bill