Holiday Harbor multi build By Popeye the sailor - 1:20 scale

thanks Marc and Bug.........appreciate the kind word!  :)

I didn't do too much at the table yesterday.......I keep thinking that I need to get the clutter off of both tables though.   I did a little 'mind modeling' to the trawler........but I did manage to take the Jingle Belle out of the closet,  and got a chance to get a few shots of the new fleet.   though only the two of them are left,  the two hull designs kinda look odd to me.   I then though that if I went and did the Rouse Simmons....it would still look the same.   speaking of the Rouse Simmons.......I found a book on her and a few other schooners that took part on the tree trade in that time period.  it's short,  but I thought it was some good reading:

https://books.google.com/books?id=jry5GQi1NOcC&pg=PA220&lpg=PA220&dq=george+L.+Wrenn+-+schooner&source=bl&ots=c-YZFMj4jg&sig=berv2SV-yMxvp2eEM-JWcpPbDYs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH0e-ZuqXOAhXFVT4KHV_6DWYQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=george%20L.%20Wrenn%20-%20schooner&f=false

I hope you can view it......I was looking up the George L. Wrenn when I found it.    anyway.....here are the pictures I took of the two boats.......I hope you enjoy  :)

post-612-0-64716800-1470237146.jpg

post-612-0-44695600-1470237160.jpg

post-612-0-76281500-1470237173.jpg

post-612-0-01378700-1470237187.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Nice job on those doors and windows..... wish I had them for my house!! :P

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Just wanted to echo Frank's sentiments - those doors and windows are absolutely stunning.  I remember the time and trial & error that took.  Paid off well, I'd say.

- Bug

Yup, nice looking fleet Denis. Waiting patiently for the completion.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Yep Popeye,

Those are some sweet boats, good job mate.... :dancetl6:

Keith

Current build:

A Battleship

Past builds:

The Unicorn - The Lindworm - Malahini -  Shinobi Maru  -  The MaryJane - The Weeligstraal

I can't believe both those boats came from the same parentage. You are a master at modification, my friend. Great job!

good job on your "fleet" Denis,

quite a variety to choose for the weekend on the lake....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

thanks all for the kind comments.......and to those who hit the like button.    both of the boats are close to one another,  as far as the progress goes....get the helms in order,  and then begin to dec the halls.   got some decal work in mind as well....more progress soon  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

thanks Lawrence........it been quite some time to find just the right model to use those half round strips on.   they were part of the odds and ends that were in that box that Tom sent me.  they would be found in the Billing's kit of the Slo-mo-sion.......I also have the mahogany strips too for the kit.   what makes them pop,  is the white background........anything against white will give the same contrast.   I just love how it came out  :)     now to get some of the good stuff on her....and on the Jingle Belle too !

Hello Kees!    glad to see you here  ;)    I hope you've been at the table......even for short jaunts.   I'm waiting to see that ship of your come together!

thanks for the good word Kees and Lawrence...and also to you folks who hit the like button!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: