HMS Victory by gieb8688 - Sergal - 1/78 - Restoration

Hello,

Here is the final product after being refurbished.  The tackle is not correct based on other build logs I have seen, but matches up to the Sergal instructions I have.  This is one of the original yards that I was able to salvage from the "wreck".  Worked hard to try and get added pieces to match the patina of the overall model.  I can work with it, and hope to have this yard installed shortly.

Thanks,

Mark

20200817_105557.jpg

Current Build -

1/78 Sergal HMS Victory Restoration

On The Shelf -

Marseille

• 2 weeks later...

Start to finish with the foremast lower yard.  Had to make it from scratch so took a little longer than I anticipated, but happy with how it turned out.  The picture with the two yards is a comparison with one of the originals I was able to salvage from the "wreck"! 🙂

20200831_140657.jpg

20200831_140724.jpg

20200824_163039.jpg

20200821_094825.jpg

20200819_151709.jpg

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille

Greetings Mark 

Well done with the yards. It’s all looking good. Now the rigging, and a bit of work on the Deck. Have you decided we’re you are going to locate the small boats, and how many did you make.?? You said you might locate them on the deck. I am at a standstill at the moment with the ship. Keep enjoying it DAVID

Hello David!

Thank you for your support!  Yes, now the rigging begins.  Should be interesting because I am going by the old Sergal rigging plans and they are presenting quite the puzzle!! 🤣 Funny you should mention the small boats............I was thinking yesterday that I may start to think about building and installing the small boats mid-ship.  I think before I do that though, I want to get the rigging done, put the gun port lids back on, get the deck cannons back in place, and take care of quite a few other deck details as you mentioned.  Slow progress, but progress nonetheless!!  

Hull plates on the Diana coming along?

Thanks,

Mark

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Finally got back to the shipyard to start the new year.  For the first time in many decades, the foremast is now fully rigged!!  Purists will no doubt see errors in the running of the lines, but for the overall look and feel of the model, I am satisfied with the results.  Two more to go!! 

Thanks,

Mark

20210102_094326.jpg

20210102_094403.jpg

20210102_094437.jpg

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille

Greetings Mark 

Happy new year !!!!!   Well there is nothing wrong with that rigging, it looks really smart. Well done.. I have came to a standstill  which is a regular occurrence with me, and  with only about 40 or so plates to fit. Keep up the good work,  and by the way that deck still appears to have a few things missing, if you know what I mean 😆     DAVID

Hello David!

Happy New Year my friend!  Thank you for the kind comments.  I can definitely relate to breaks in the shipyard and dealing with standstills.  I hope you and your family are healthy and happy.  I am actually missing quite a few items on the deck and need to start looking at conducting an inventory of all the missing items.  Have been so focused on rigging that I have not paid too much attention to the deck items.  All things in good time right? 😉😆  You are only 40 plates short of having the coppering done on Diana? 

Thanks,

Mark

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille

• 1 month later...

have you managed to do any more work on this project, coming along a treat

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark

All I can say is Wow!  looked you up after you gave me a few 'thumbs up' on my CWM build - I see that you too have had somewhat of a 'time machine' bull log - amazing how easy it is for our projects to languish in dry-dock - for me that happens when I get perplexed by something I haven't done before and become paralyzed while I search other's sites for solutions.  This is a fantastic restoration.  I am reading a few books I purchased through SeaWAtch Books on Dutch maritime ships and the Riksmusuem collection - love the weathered look.  Assuming I finish The Morgan my next project is the 'Half Hull Merchant Ship' from NRG which I intend to plank with distressed wood, then I want to build a Dutch merchant ship.  we shall see.  Great Work!

Dennis

Greetings Mark

Hope you are well.  Yes  mine is also sitting in dry dock, as it has been for the last few months needing those few tiles added. And Kevin is totally correct in what he says. I shall now start adding those tiles tomorrow, and look forward to seeing your deck.  Best wishes  DAVID

• 8 months later...

Hello,

It has been some time since my last post.  Moved to the southern US and finally got my shipyard set back up.  Yards are finally back on the main mast with one mast to go.  The end to the restoration is actually within sight!

Thanks,

Mark

20211203_112721.jpg

20211203_112442.jpg

20211203_113011.jpg

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Major milestone achieved for the restoration.  All of the yards are now on the masts!  Final running rigging for main and mizzen masts, gun ports, cannon placement and some detail work should wrap things up.

Thanks,
Mark

20220113_155820.jpg

Current Build -

On The Shelf -

Marseille