Half Moon by maggsl_01 - FINISHED - Corel - 1:50 - First wooden modelship

The Half Moon was the first wooden ship but sure it was not the last one. Next will be Roter Löwe by Mamoli - as soon as possible.

This wonderful news has made my weekend bright and happy as I thought we had lost your company for all of your warmer months :)  I can't wait to follow along your next beautiful ship!

And I love the new photographs too!  You really do show us the full beauty of your Half Moon!

Hey Max,

Good to hear your next build is planned, your experience with your HM should serve you well on your new galleon, from the pics I've seen the  Roter Löwe's stern is more highly decorated, should be fun to watch.  All my best.

J

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your very fine Half Moon! It is most imressive, all the more so because it is your first! Lovely detailng and a clean build.

I wish you all the best with your next "adventure".

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

• 7 months later...

Hi Max,

I really like your Half Moon, you've created a beautiful ship.

Enjoy your day!

Alex

-------------

Next build:

Definitely highest on my list is the Batavia (Kolderstok), just need to find some more time before I will start.

Finished Builds:

(2023) Friesland 1663 1:75 (Mamoli). https://modelshipworld.com/topic/24314-friesland-by-alex-k-mamoli-scale-175/

(2013) Half Moon 1:50 (Corel) http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/210-half-moon-by-alex-k-corel-150-halve-maen-completed/

(1988) Norske Lowe 1:75 (Billing)

(1986) Oseberg 1:25 (Billing)

(1985) Bounty 1:50 (Billing)