SS Stadacona by realworkingsailor - Sylvan Scale Models - 1:87 - Resin/Multimedia - kit-bash

10 days until The Seaway opens eh?  http://www.recorder.ca/2014/03/17/help-to-open-seaway

Edited by justsayrow

====================================

Currently building: Model Expo AMERICA, A/L KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI

Completed: Mamoli Victory cross-section, Revell LSM (Plastic, in memory of Dad), A/L SANSON tug, MS Longboat (awesome model Chuck!), Dumas 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Racing runabout, A/L SWIFT, MS ELSIE, Constructo ELIDIR (now LOUISE), Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Amati 1:80 Yacht ENDEAVOUR, Mamoli CONSTITUTION cross section, Revell VIIc U-boat (1:72 plastic), lotsa other plastic ships 

Next up: who knows - there are too many to choose from!

Can I tell 'em all the Soo is breaking out too????  http://www.boatnerd.com/news/news14.htm

====================================

Currently building: Model Expo AMERICA, A/L KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI

Completed: Mamoli Victory cross-section, Revell LSM (Plastic, in memory of Dad), A/L SANSON tug, MS Longboat (awesome model Chuck!), Dumas 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Racing runabout, A/L SWIFT, MS ELSIE, Constructo ELIDIR (now LOUISE), Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Amati 1:80 Yacht ENDEAVOUR, Mamoli CONSTITUTION cross section, Revell VIIc U-boat (1:72 plastic), lotsa other plastic ships 

Next up: who knows - there are too many to choose from!

late new bulletin.....ice out will be late this year........El Ninyo has left the building!   can't tell from where I'm living Andy.......it's still pretty chilly 'round here.......cripes,  snow is still on the ground!   where's that @$#%& groundhog........I'll kill 'em!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately on my build. I've been clearing the CA from my system. I have to do that from time to time ;)

I just got another batch of rollers, and with some more inclement weather coming, I'll get to them soon.

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Some good news, the Toronto RPM guys finally updated their site with some photos from this years meet (including a couple shots of some large white ship thing... :P ).

http://torontoprototypemodellers.wordpress.com

Enjoy

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

That's pretty awesome!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

very nice Andy..........those are all kits?   jeeze.......I should have hit 'follow'........the Wharf is on word press too  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I should get back to my snow plow......I also go to old model kits.com and look at some of the kits they have.   very interesting to do,  but it got sidelined,  working on the boats.   one day I'll get back to it......I hope  :)

very nice looking pieces they have there  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 3 weeks later...

I know I've been absent from building for almost a month now. Been hanging around waiting for that all important phone call, which has been very late in coming this year. Ice on the upper lakes has proven to be a little stubborn to let go this year. I still had no idea when I'd get called back, so I didn't want to get too involved in any big projects. Having said all that, I did FINALLY get a call this afternoon and fit out starts this Saturday. A bit of a relief this time around. This extra long winter break was starting to get to me. Anyway, you can all look forward to season three of Andy's Maritime Adventures to start up in a few weeks time.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

sad to hear your gonna be shov'in off again.......but hey,  it pays the bills ;)    looking forward to new adventures!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

As always, stay safe.  Looking forward to your tales ----  they make me feel the wind where my hair used to be!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

• 2 months later...

So it's been a long time since I've posted any kind of an update over here....

The weather is nice today, low humidity and a light breeze, so first thing this morning (ok.... not exactly first thing, but close to it), it was out to the picnic table with some newspaper, a couple of rattle cans of primer, and the big white beastie.

(I love the smell of primer in the morning.... well... maybe not)

I've pushed this step a little, there are still some details to add to the hull, but I can now see any flaws, nicks, scratches, gaps etc. that I missed when whe was glaringly white. Turns out... there are a few gaps... and scratches... and other areas that need a nice combination of sanding and filling. Not a big deal, I expected that.

Incidentally, it's Tamiya grey primer that I used. OK for the hull, but when I do the unloading gear, I'm going to have to find something in a red primer... grey topcoat over grey primer is just not going to work....

Andy

post-34-0-85905700-1404395733_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-47866900-1404395791_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Incidentally, it's Tamiya grey primer that I used. OK for the hull, but when I do the unloading gear, I'm going to have to find something in a red primer... grey topcoat over grey primer is just not going to work....

Andy

Tamiya TS33 hull red over white?

Tamiya TS33 hull red over white?

My main issue is the visuals. The truss is going to be a royal PITA to paint, any colour. I'm probably going to get some red automotive primer, then go grey over that.

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

So I've been driving across "the" half acre (as in h€££'s half acre) today. Picked up Diana from the ship, then turned around and headed north to the cottage..... About 8 hours on the road :wacko:

Time for some rest... And a goodly amount of beer and other adult beverages...

Andy

Current Build:

USF Confederacy