Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

42 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Pterodactyling :stunned:

That's it. Don't know how I am going to hold one of them on my wrist. That would look cool. Scare the bjezes out of everyone I approach. 

We round up all the annoying neighbors and truck them to farmland behind my development. 

All of us practice pterodactyling.

Let the neighbors loose and see what the reptiles can do. We also need a couple a juvi T-Rex's to finish the exercise. Don't want to be bothered cleaning up. 

OK, this is getting out of hand. 

But if anyone wants to add to it, go ahead 

Marcus 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:53 PM, BETAQDAVE said:

Someday I will get back in the shop, just have no real idea when that will happen.:angry:

Another update on the progress (or lack of) on my elevator replacement.  Today was just another one of those days where no one showed up again.  They sent no E-mail or phone call letting me know this either.  I may have reached the point now where I have become the squeaky wheel as I sent them the following not so pleasant E-mail:

As it is now 1:00 and no one has shown up yet, am I to assume that no one will today?  I need to have some kind of updates, as I don't appreciate being kept in the dark!  Without updates I am basically pinned down here at home and unable to plan to go anywhere.  

My patience has become very frayed at this point, as there just seems to be a continuing pattern of new delays every week.  It has now been 37 days since this job (originally expected to run from Oct. 10 to Oct. 19, allowing for a total of six working days) started, and there is still no end in sight! I'm not looking for excuses anymore, I just need some results!

For me to pay over $24,000 for this job, I don't think that I am being too unreasonable to think that I deserve more urgency than has apparently been applied to my job so far.

Too much or not enough?

The boss in charge of their projects sent the following reply:

I just tracked the part through FedEx, it's showing estimated arrival by 2:50 pm. Without that part that connects the car operating panel (COP) to the controller, the rest of the work can't continue. I know you are immensely frustrated, as am I, because it's my job to see these jobs through to completion. I spent about 2 hours Wednesday morning from 8:15 - 10 am lighting some fires at Savaria to get this part replaced and expedited since they shipped the wrong one on Monday 11/12.

I have Greg and Tyler scheduled to resume the installation Mon 11/19. Onsite by 9:30 am

I'm thinking not enough at this point.  Besides the fact that they have never been on site by 9:30 yet, (more like 10:30 to 11:00) leads me to believe that I'm just being pushed aside once again.:default_wallbash: I'm thinking of contacting the BBB on Monday if no one shows up again. 

On one other occasion I contacted the BBB about a dispute about some car damage that resulted from their mechanics in their shop.  About an hour or so after I called it in, I received a phone call from the shop asking me to bring the car back in to be repaired at no charge.  Sometimes you can get some results. 

No need for the baby T-Rex Marcus, besides they would just leave big three toed tracks all over the place, (Check any dion movie). The Pterodactyls will just carry the snack sized pieces off to their nests, (Again check any Dino movie).

You may have to make a long tailed "T" bar that reaches the ground to hold them instead of using your wrist. I think i saw a woman in the zoo do that with the Golden Eagle  when displaying it to us. Now THAT was a BIG bird! She still had to duck when the bird took off the wings were so big.

Of course if we are going to do this we really should do it right:

https://planetsave.com/2013/06/28/argentavis-magnificens-largest-flying-bird-ever-giant-teratorn-facts-extinction-wingspan-etc/

image.png.47f76fb1e3b7662cdae4430cfcdf06d5.png

:stunned::blink:

Edited by lmagna

Alright, Imagna, we'll get the bird. Need to get my DNA machine going and I will by using CRISPER to get it all together. 

Your think Argentavis can pick up a neighbor? Be an interesting event to see the bird and reptile fight over a neighbor in the air. 

Back to earth....... 

We had a similar experience with a Great horned owl (you with the Golden eagle). Big wingspan and talons that could surround a baseball. Couple of years ago I saw that type of owl swoop down, pick up a rabbit and get to the nest in the top of the tree with ease. 

I love how mother nature works 

Marcus 

I must admit to giving Possums flying lessons on a few occasions. One of my neighbors has had his house "under renovation" for at least 25 years. (NOT an exaggeration!) and to be honest it looks and is a dump. By the time they get to the next part the part they started on before is already weathered out!

At any rate the skirting along the bottom of the house has been missing for years exposing under the house and the foundation. The Possums just LOVE to nest there and raise their young. So every year or sometimes twice a year we get an infestation of baby Possums in our trash cans! This last year they even chewed a hole in the bottom of one of the cans to make a Possum sized entry point. But normally they are far stupider than that and just somehow get into the top and then can not get out again. So next time you take the trash out there are Possums looking back at you!

I don't like killing critters just for being what they are and I never developed a taste for Possums like some of our more southern members, so I resolve the issue and get a little satisfaction by taking the critters out of the trash by their tails and slinging them over to the neighbors roof, one at a time. A distance of thirty or forty feet and two stories up. They really are quite graceful in flight and always land with their feet and claws out so they don't even slide down the slope of the roof. Then they shake their head once or twice and wander off. I have no idea where they go but they don't come back to my house.

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

throw a bag of moth balls in there. 

Where?

In my trash can? Or under the neighbors house? I wouldn't want to do it under their house, then the critters would be under MY house. I have already had to rock up a couple of places where they had dug their way in. Wish I could do the same for the Squirrels who seem to think my roof is a super highway at four thirty in the morning! I don't know where they are going either but they are in a hurry to do it! One of the hazards of having 80+ foot trees in your backyard! 

14 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Where?

In my trash can? Or under the neighbors house? I wouldn't want to do it under their house, then the critters would be under MY house. I have already had to rock up a couple of places where they had dug their way in. Wish I could do the same for the Squirrels who seem to think my roof is a super highway at four thirty in the morning! I don't know where they are going either but they are in a hurry to do it! One of the hazards of having 80+ foot trees in your backyard! 

What you boys need are some good coon dogs. They will tree those opossums and keep them out of your trash cans. 

Of course, you will have to deal with the howling once they begin to tree the critters. 

Another option is to trap the critters and turn them over to your local animal control organization. A small investment in traps may pay dividends if you are hassled by them.

My "Coon" dog, (AKA Shiz Tzu pup) got two of them this summer when he was still small, (One hand size) enough to get under stuff. On two occasions he ran one into a corner and barked his little head off! I think one of them was bigger than he was! he didn't know what to do with them from that point on but all the ruckus allowed me to grab them by the tail and introduce them to the North Everett flying academy. I gave him big attaboys both times. I wonder what it will be next year when he is full grown. At about 7 months he is almost the same size as the terrorist cat now . plus we have had him long enough now that he is sure that the back yard is HIS and only his. But then I was sitting in my back yard with him last week and there was a squirrel running on the ground thirty or forty feet away and he never even saw it! Some great hunter HE is! I was kind of surprised because the squirrels normally only come down to the lower limbs of the evergreen trees in our yard and throw things at the dog! They seldom can be found on the ground if they even think he may be around. They run along the limbs and fences and over the roof of the house to the trees in the front yard! All the poor dog can do is stare at them, the terrorist cat taught him a long time ago that he can't climb!

We've got red tail hawks around here, along with some bobcats and coyotes. The little rodents are somewhat kept at bay. Night time has an assortment of owls, too. I just have to dodge deer, turkeys and an occasional bear.

Oh and we have a pileated woodpecker attacking the dead pines back in the woods. Think he was the model for Woody Woodpecker; big bird.

I feed the squirrels with corn and sunflower seeds so they stay away from the feeders. 

The backyard has a 6' high chain link fence which keep the wildlife at bay. Except when a little rabbit comes through in the spring and stays until adult size and can't get through the fence holes. So now I have an adult rabbit. I might be in luck if a bird of prey picks it up. If not, I'll trap it and drive it to a nature preserve 

The voles and field mice are another matter. Got plenty of those and the cat will catch them when they get too close to the house. 

Most neighbors stay away because of the dog. Eight year old 130 lb Bull mastiff. Her large imposing head keeps unknown people at bay. Most people don't know this but in general mastiffs are guard dogs, not attack dogs except for the morons that train them to be attack dogs. (like that football player from the Philadelphia Eagles - too bad his own dogs didn't slowly ripped him apart). I could go on and on about animal cruelty but I will not. 

Thank you for reading. 

Marcus 

Edited by flying_dutchman2
Spelling

Today I got this email:

Hello!

I have bad news for you.
19/07/2018 - on this day I hacked your operating system and got full access to your account*****

It is useless to change the password, my malware intercepts it every time.

How it was:
In the software of the router to which you were connected that day, there was a vulnerability.
I first hacked this router and placed my malicious code on it.
When you entered in the Internet, my trojan was installed on the operating system of your device.

After that, I made a full dump of your disk (I have all your address book, history of viewing sites, all files, phone numbers and addresses of all your contacts).

A month ago, I wanted to lock your device and ask for a small amount of money to unlock.
But I looked at the sites that you regularly visit, and came to the big delight of your favorite resources.
I'm talking about sites for adults.

I want to say - you are a big, big pervert. You have unbridled fantasy!!!

After that, an idea came to my mind.
I made a screenshot of the intimate website where you have fun (you know what it is about, right?).
After that, I made a screenshot of your joys (using the camera of your device) and joined all together.
It turned out beautifully, do not doubt.

I am strongly belive that you would not like to show these pictures to your relatives, friends or colleagues.
I think $742 is a very small amount for my silence.
Besides, I spent a lot of time on you!

I accept money only in Bitcoins.
My BTC wallet: 1H9bS7Zb6LEANLkM8yiF8EsoGEtMEeLFvC

You do not know how to replenish a Bitcoin wallet?
In any search engine write "how to send money to btc wallet".
It's easier than send money to a credit card!

For payment you have a little more than two days (exactly 50 hours).
Do not worry, the timer will start at the moment when you open this letter. Yes, yes .. it has already started!

After payment, my virus and dirty photos with you self-destruct automatically.
Narrative, if I do not receive the specified amount from you, then your device will be blocked, and all your contacts will receive a photos with your "joys".

I want you to be prudent.
- Do not try to find and destroy my virus! (All your data is already uploaded to a remote server)
- Do not try to contact me (this is not feasible, I sent you an email from your account)
- Various security services will not help you; formatting a disk or destroying a device will not help either, since your data is already on a remote server.

P.S. I guarantee you that I will not disturb you again after payment, as you are not my single victim.
This is a hacker code of honor.

From now on, I advise you to use good antiviruses and update them regularly (several times a day)!

Don't be mad at me, everyone has their own work.
Farewell.

I'm a retired Electronic Information Security Officer. Hacking was my business. Not traceable. Just another of a zillion phishing attempts.

Besides, if he really does have my hard drive, I'm gonna turn it over to the police?

If I got something like that I would just tell them to go for it! If people got the photo's it would just enhance my reputation!:D They wouldn't think I was quite so boring!

Besides in my case the dead give away would be that they would not find those kinds of links or a camera on my computer! I'm MUCH more old fashioned than they know. My gear is ancient! 

Now if they did hack me, they would find all kinds of links to pictures of great looking ship builds and if they wanted to photo crop them so it looked like I built them they could send them to ME! :cheers:

4 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

You should print it off and give the printout to your local police or preferably your State Police.

State and Local cops won't do a thing.   FBI only seems to get invovled with the "big" hacks.   

6 hours ago, mtaylor said:

State and Local cops won't do a thing.   FBI only seems to get invovled with the "big" hacks.   

True !  But our local TV station report these scams in their nightly NEWS segment and always end it with "If you get one of these scams or are a victim, please report it to your local police".  I guess that is so they can determine if there is a pattern or if certin groups are being targeted.  Just sayin ! 

Well, it didn't happened today but yesterday.

I am part of a big fraternity organisation, Vasa Order of America.
An organisation that is more than 100 years old with lodges all around USA. The lodge I belong to was initiated in 1908.
Yesterday I was honored to become the next chairman for the lodge. A lot of responsibilities but I am looking forward to become the "Commander".

If anyone in here has Swedish heritage, please feel free to reach out to me so I can connect you with a local lodge.

17 hours ago, JustBlowingInTheWind said:

So, your wife never found out?

My wife knows about them and she gets them as well. 

With several open source apps and a little detective work you can find out a lot about the person(s) sending this and give them a taste of their own medicine. 

Marcus 

Like I say, I'm a hacker from way back. While back I got a call from "Microsoft", a guy who could really have worked for them because he spoke like he was fron a country ending in "Stan". He tells me I have a virus sending out email. Oh, wow says I. What can I do? He tells me to go to a website and download an app. I tell him it says it's not compatible. I DON'T tell him I'm running something called Linux. The hackers favorite O/S. After playing with him for a while I have him. I tell him where he lives and what IP address he's coming from. I tell him I can grab his cookies and I sure hop he uses online banking. He hung up! I wonder why he hung up. I said there must be a man answering. (Pink Floyde the wall)