Yambo

The "What have you done today?" thread.

8 hours ago, Chuck said:

Your blocks will look exactly like this.  My exact photo!!!   I guess they missed the business ethics class in college. 

I cant hit a "Like" on that one Chuck. That kind of behavior just burns me up. The least they could do is contact you and offer up a hundred bucks, its not like they cant afford it. Not to mention the morality of it. I dont buy much from Micro Mark, but i am not sure I will buy anything from them anymore.

Sam

Posted (edited)

I don't want to add on more salt to this issue for Chuck, but MicroMark are using the same picture in their online catalog too.

True copyright infraction!

Time to ban MicroMark for more of their copyright violations!
Feeling to give them a hard and sincere call.

I am getting mad at their behavior. Sorry for my lashing...…...

Oh by the way isn't the tumbler the same as ModelExpo-Online is carrying?

Edited by Nirvana

For a mere $9.95 (plus s&h) this marvelous, innovative piece of equipment consisting of a plastic can, lid, and a couple of sandpaper coated pieces of MDF will allow you to make handsome museum quality blocks just like the pros!!  But wait, there’s more.......!!

22 minutes ago, Roger Pellett said:

But wait, there’s more.......!!

But can you paint a screen door with it, then use that screen door as the bottom for your john boat which you then paddle through shark infested water? 😄

Just remember next year to put your ladder elsewhere unless you want a repeat performance.  They seem to remember where they nested previously from year to year.  For four years running, we had Robins that nested above a rolled up awning over our back patio door that kept us off our deck until they finally left in the spring.  While we didn't mind that so much, it was the fact that they kept attacking our rear windows after seeing their mirror images in the glass.  They left us quite a mess to clean up (between their dried up droppings and regurgitated food that they left on the glass) when they finally left.  Happily they haven't come around this year.

Our daughter and son in law fly out for home in another 10 minutes. They are leaving in 76 degree temperature and 93% humidity in Tampa (feels miserably humid and hot) and will arrive in Manchester NH to temperatures in the 40's, rain, and ice pellets. Wow, what a difference. This tropical weather crap trap is growing weary in my older age. The heat and humidity are getting to me. I need to move further north. Maybe north Florida would do the trick...somewhere out in the country.

Central Valley Central Valley California. Average summertime High 97 with a humidity of 13%. Average winter is about 54.

it it rains in the winter time, but it's sunny more often than not. I've only heard thunder three times in the 14 years we've been here.

45 minutes ago, CDW said:

This tropical weather crap trap is growing weary in my older age. The heat and humidity are getting to me.

I've always been surprised that so many people retire and move down there for precisely that reason!  While some relief would be nice from our harsh winters up here, it would seem to be too much of a change the other way.

26 minutes ago, BETAQDAVE said:

I've always been surprised that so many people retire and move down there for precisely that reason!  

I believe you may find that many people move here to escape the insanely high taxes in other states. That's the reason new people/citizens are pouring in to Florida and Texas. Escaping tax and spend states and excessive government/regulations. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Chuck said:

I guess they missed the business ethics class in college.

Sorry Chuck that's cold, Micro Mark is on my blacklist have bought from them in the past can find any of there products with other vendors usually at a cheaper price.

Hope they read this do you know if there is a review page for them on the net they can't alter?

They need to move to CHINA.

John

I get and look through the catalog but I only use it as a source for what might be out there. Almost always the same item is available elsewhere at a much lower price.

Come west Craig.:D The PNW has fairly mild temperatures year around, at least on the western side of the Cascades. and we don't have an income tax. They tax everything else in sight though!

I don't know about excessive government regulations, but we do seem to have more than our share of insane government regulations!:wacko:

Well, it wasn’t exactly today, but the effects still continue from a little internal trouble earlier this week.  It was something that took me totally by surprise Tuesday night after hitting the sack for the night.  I woke up around 1:00 AM to what I thought was a little food poisoning.  However, I spent the remainder of the night between the bed and bath, with some violent vomiting and an 8-9 on the pain scale of 1-10.  By 6:00 AM, I had taken about all I could stand and knew it must be something more serious.  I was way beyond trying to drive the only vehicle that I can get into so ended up with another ambulance ride to the ER. 

After a short exam by the Drs. including a CAT scan and Echo-cardiogram they determined it to be my Gall Bladder, even though I hadn’t had any previous trouble with it.  Finally getting some relief from the pain (Down to 2-3 range) with a dose of Tramadol, we were informed surgery was needed immediately. 

So, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 I was on the table with a team of two surgeons and several nurses.  I came awake about an hour later, still quite groggy and was informed that they had to remove the whole organ, as it was literally falling apart.

By the following day I was discharged, so it was kind of a whirlwind bout of trouble.  Modeling may be slowed down for a while as I go through the remaining recovery time, trying to readjust my body to the loss of one of my organs and the healing of several incisions that were closed up with special surgical super glue.

I think that I may have had a little too much experience with super glue lately.  But, with a small temporary change in my diet, some antibiotics and pain pills they feel I should have an uneventful recovery.  The biggest problem for me will be having to further adjust the way that I do just about everything from getting on and off my chair, the bed, the john, the shower and just wheeling around to get anywhere, as all the cutting done in my core muscles really leaves me having to deal with the pain and slows me down.  (As if I wasn’t slow enough already!):D

So, needless to say, I will not be visiting Manitowoc this weekend for the Midwest Modeling show.  I’m not allowed  to drive until at least 24 hours after taking the last pain pill, so maybe next year.  At least this should all be cleared up by July to still allow me to go to the upcoming Tall Ships Festival in Green Bay however.

Won't hit the like button Dave but the good news is that you no longer need to worry about gallstones! They are the invention of the Devil and the male equivalent of giving birth! on a pain scale of 1-10 they are somewhere in the 15-20 range!:(:omg:

It sounds like you also avoided a rupture and the resultant poisoning of your entire body, another big NO NO.  Your pain should go down fairly quickly and hopefully you are like most people and your body adjusts to handling the bile fairly quickly. 

Hopefully you won't be restricted for too long and start going crazy like me. (Well it is possible that I was a little crazy already).

Get well soon 

Posted (edited)

The admiral and I got eye examinations yesterday. It had been over 10 years since my last eye exam. Needless to say, the admiral and I both received prescriptions for new glasses, mine only being needed for close up work. Had been using over the counter drug store readers all these years, so maybe the new glasses will give me a new outlook on model building. 😎

PS: the time it takes to get your eyes examined then fitted for new glasses is a royal pain in the bottom. It reminded me of why I hadn't been there in 10 years.

Edited by CDW

Dave:. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sorry you are missing the show/contest this year.  Just got back to the hotel room from the event - the judges stayed later to look over the models.  A full room again.

Dave Blake is due tomorrow AM.

Will post photos ASAP.

Kurt

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.  The day after surgery was not too bad as pain meds really did their job and I was able to return home.  Thursday and Friday were a different mater however, as I was extremely sore and the new pain meds had a hard time keeping it under control while I did some light therapy.   

Recovery seems to be greatly improved this morning, as I am moving around easier and the pain level has become tolerable to the point were I think that I can cut back on my meds to maybe one or two today (as opposed to one every 4 hours).  With the pain meds being an opioid product, the sooner I stop using them the better!  I would rather deal with a little pain than risk dependence. 

Besides that, I believe that if you're having pain doing something you will know it's probably a good idea to just ease off a bit, rather than not feeling the pain and doing something that you're body's not really ready for yet.  It's kind of like an early warning system in your body, trying to prevent further damage.