The "What have you done today?" thread.

I sure hope you can get yours fixed

Long time ago, a neighbor came over telling me his fridge wasn't working. He figured since my Dad was so good that I must be too. Determined to do the old man proud, I walked in (gagged) pulled the fridge out from the wall, reached down, pulled the mouse out of the fan and away she went. I am THAT good!

The fridge I mean, not the mouse :excl:

Another time, I had built a pc for a friend who called a week later to say it wouldn't even boot up. Sure enough, some mouse pooped on the sound card's chip. That stuff melts. Gets all over and lets the special smoke out.

Edited by JustBlowinInTheWind

Finished repairing the back corner of my shop. This time I was working on the back wall. It had been eaten away by carpender ants. At least this time, unlike when I worked on the side, the wall didn't come off as I was working on it!

They only got the edge of the plywood subfloor and the bottom sill. I was suprised that the studs were barely touched. Didn't have to replace, or splice them.

The floor is a layer of 1/2" ply subfloor, 3/4" particle board subfloor, and finally the 3/4" OSB I was originally laying over it. Tomorrow I'm cutting and fitting the plug for the particle board I removed to get to the ply. Next month I'll buy the last two pieces of OSB, and finish the floor. Eventually I'll lay down vinyl flooring.

Prepped for some soffit removal - Went into the attic and rolled out to where the kitchen is and dug out LOTS of blown-in insulation from the soffit that will be removed.  I got about 99% of it and piled it to the side to lay back down later.  This ol' body ain't fit for creepin' 'round in attics no mo.  But at least that nasty insulation won't be falling all over me.    

Trying to train a 12 week old Carin Terrier. Noted to be one of the most stubborn dogs. 70% house trained, sits, starting to lay...

I stand in front of him and say stay, holding up my palm. Normally, I would take a step back and if he'd stay I'd say okay, give a treat, same thing a few times, then increase the distance... I can point to a chair and tell our Yorky to park it and she'll go to wherever I point and stay until I say okay. I can tell the yorky/jack mutt to chill and get the same result.

I tell this dog to stay and he runs behind me. I turn around, say stay, he runs behind me. Okay, I'll play this game until he figures out he's not getting his treat. I figure out I'm not getting the result I want (Much like he's not getting his treat) so I stay with my back to him and say stay. He stays. I turn around and he runs behind me. I'm not having as much fun as he is. How does he conclude holding up my hand means go behind me.

Over the last several days including today and probably a few more... worked on the model some, finally got the yard clean up done, and am wrestling with a problem with the Deathstar (my laser cutter).  It now haw power, the laser fires, but no fire control.  Looks like that got taken out went the power supply decided to let all the smoke out of it's parts.   Still waiting on the roofer to schedule a job that's needs doing up there.  

Nenad, Mica is a jewel. :);)

Actualy, photo is from group Viber chat with my kids, My daughter's name is Milena, nick name Mica

This ... puffy candy ... Her name is Rhea, by the name of Old Greek mithogy - Rea was Titan, mother of supreme God Zeus

Edited by Nenad

I went on a 21/2 hr trip to Ames to watch my nephew's daughter act in a church play.  It was their version of Charlie Brown's Christmas.I It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed doing it. I took soome photos with my camera but they were not the greatest.  It was a long and tiring day but worth it.  The look of pride on their faces would melt any critics heart.

David B